Withdrawing money from paypal

Hi guys,

I just received revenue from Admob and it was sent to my paypal account. Unfortunately, i just realised that where i am located, i cannot withdraw money from paypal to my visa electron debit card. I wrote an email to them and they told me i can only send the money to another paypal account, Open a US account or buy something using the money. I don’t want to use any of these options. From next time i want to shift to wire payment method but for now i need somehow to get that money. So my question is what options do i have to get that money? Is it possible to send the amount to western union or any other payment method?

Thanks.

I’ve linked Paypal to my (Australian) bank account. So for withdrawals, I simply choose to withdraw direct to my bank. It takes a couple of days, and then appears in my account. Best thing is, there’s no withdrawal fee this way.

I don’t see how opening a US account would help (unless you actually live in the US). Paypal are pretty strict about fraud prevention, and generally get you to verify your address, phone & SSN for a US account.

If you don’t have the bank account option, there may still be a way to work around it by using a currency exchange service such as VirWox. You’d lose a little bit in the exchange, but there should be some way to get the funds back into your bank account eventually.

as far as I know EVERY paypal acc can withdraw to an US BANK Account. Unfortunately you’ll need a Social Security Number (SSN) in the USA to open such an bank account.

For security reasons paypal does only allow to withdraw to a bank acc in your land - everything else could be counted as fraud, they temporarely block the acc and you have to contact them and tell them that it was you (paypal is slow in this manner)

There are different options (like prepaid debit cards, with option to load by paypal) but as far as I know for all of that you’ll need a SSN.

@bauye which country are you that you cannot withdraw to a debit card?

I recently found out, that I cannot purchase at amazon with paypal - that really pissed me off… (sorry, for the words, but that’s what it is)

I live in Costa Rica and have been in internet marketing for 4 years now, so believe me, I have OBSESSED about this topic for many, many, maaaany nights!!

And there was simply no solution until about 6 months ago, when Payoneer started a private beta of their US Payments Service. It’s now very easy to get into the program (it was harder when I got it, but I’ve received payments to a Payoneer card by selling stuff on Plimus, so they approved me early on. Now they don’t have any previous income requirements)

Basically, just go to this forum and post a thread asking for an account (you’ll see other people asking for the same thing, then Payoneer contacts them via PM - this is still a semi-private beta service after all):

http://community.payoneer.com/forum/10-questions-and-comments-about-the-us-payment-service-formally-virtual-account/

They’ll guide you through the process. In the end you’ll have a Payoneer card associated with a US Bank account, which is an international debit card. So you can withdraw money from PayPal (And iAd, and Admob, and Google Checkout, and LeadBolt, etc…)

Note: This isn’t a regular bank account, you can only get deposits from whitelisted companies like the ones I just mentioned.

There are some fees associated with the process and for withdrawing money but I’ve used their cards since 2009 and they’re GREAT!! It’s the ONLY way I’ve been able to make money online while having my business registered in Costa Rica. I just get paid to my card and then here I can make purchases with the card or just withdraw the money at any ATM.

This is a big deal, Costa Rica is a veeeeeery small country, so we never get the latest services. That’s why I love this card. But now I love it even more because I can take money out of PayPal.

Like I said, I’m overly excited about this topic because I’ve wasted many nights obsessing about this and trying to find a solution!

So just go to that forum and apply, and that’s it. Bye bye Paypal country restriction :smiley:

I’ve heard often from payoneer - but wasn’t really sure it A) is possible without SSN and B) is possible to withdraw from paypal.

For me that is so important because I got dollars, and if I withdraw to my bacnk account it would be converted to eur … which is very bad/very expensive … I’ll go with them also

But as far as I can see, normal sign up is possible

Yeah I’m not up to date in the sign up process, I’ve had it for a few months and since then they’ve been opening up the program more and more.

But yeah, definitely no SSN needed and we can withdraw from PayPal. It’s amazing!!

That’s interesting that you find it useful for conversion reasons! I’m glad to help :slight_smile:

I thank your very much for that information, cause I was searching a long time for such a thing :slight_smile:

So, I can just sign up to get a card. After I received the card I can ask them for a virtual US bank acc is that right?

[b]Edit: Update - You can apply directly by visiting this website: http://www.payoneer-affiliates.com/

It looks like it’s now just freely available. By the way, that’s not an affiliate link, that’s just the domain they’ve chosen for this service for now I guess.[/b]

Correct! Now, they do have to approve you for the bank account service so I can’t assure you that it’ll work for everyone, but in my experience with the approval process they just wanna make sure you’re a real person and prevent fraud.

Good luck and let us know how it goes! :slight_smile:

Thanks David for your input.

Reiti -@bauye which country are you that you cannot withdraw to a debit card?

I am currently in Russia and according to paypal guys, they do not support withdrawal from here due to strict Russian difficulty in complying with local financial regulations.

@Kiwicoco, it is very nice to see you someone coming to our rescue and advising us accordingly from experience. I really appreciate the info you provided and as you can see it was not only helpful to me but also to Reiti and hopefully others. I just applied for the card and i am waiting for them to approve and ship it to me. I wanted to ask you two quick questions. From your experience, approximately what rate do they use to charge on withdrawal? Secondly, i will do i have to bear the cost of shipping?

Thanks again.

they state on their website, that they ship on THEIR cost - so it is free for you, except, when you are explicitly want a “faster” deliviery by DHL.

Also you have to see, there is a fee when you first load balance onto your card - for some countries it is 10$ more.

I live in another country where my passport is from (changed into a nicer land xD) so they wanted some more ID from me, but that’s ok

If I have some experience with them, I will write an article about it :slight_smile:

Thanks Reiti,

I am also from another country but currently studying in Russia. I also had to register myself using my passport that indicated it was issued in another country. I think 10 dollars is okay for initial amount.

That’s great, guys! I hope this works out for both of you.

Babuye here are the rates:

https://payouts.payoneer.com/partners/Default/fees.aspx?langid=1

Those are the standard rates for Payoneer cards. The annual fee might seem annoying but it’s a small cost for not having to register a business in the US just to receive money! =S

And they haven’t gone up since I became a member in 2009, so I think that’s fair.

And their service just works. That’s what’s important to me.

Also note the little grey text at the bottom of that page. Because we don’t live in the US, there are some higher fees, but if we use the card to pay for things from the US, we get the low rate.

So what I do is that I try not to withdraw money too often since that’s the highest fee. I try to use the card to pay for US services like advertising, hosting, skype, Amazon purchases, etc. and so for those transactions I get no fee.

And then when I want to withdraw money I try to only withdraw it when I’ve accumulated quite a bit. For example:

If you’re withdrawing $15 at an ATM, you get a fee of $3.15. That’s a fee of 21%!! =S
But if you withdraw $150, you ALSO get a fee of $3.15. That’s a fee of 2.1% - MUCH better! :slight_smile:
So the more money you take out at once, the better your fees are.

Do note, though, that because we’re outside the US, we also get charged between 0-3% on top of that for taking money out of an ATM or making purchases, so that’s a cost you can’t really get around.

To summarize:

1- Use the card to make purchases in the US instead of internationally whenever you can.
2- Try to use it for purchases instead of withdrawing the money from an ATM
3- If you have to withdraw at an ATM, try to withdraw a big amount at once.

That’s how you get the lowest fees from the card :slight_smile:

Thanks @kiwicoco for the advice about Payoneer! I’d also heard of them before, but never really looked into it in detail. Looks like your testimonial has been helpful for a number of people here :slight_smile: I’m actually going to sign up for an account now, as it could vastly simplify registration for some of the advertising networks I’ve been looking at.

Yeah damn, I should have checked if Payoneer had an affiliate program before posting all of this!!

Haha I’m joking of course, I’m glad I could help :slight_smile:

Wow, thats some excellent news. I checked out the rates and i must admit i am really impressed. $30 dollars is quite cheap i must admit. Luckily, i am not from those mentioned countries. I am just waiting for them to approve the card then am good to go.

Your post was helpful, so even I would accept a referal link xD I am not sure, but I believe, I’ve seen a referel banner on their homepage right at the beginning … however, it’s gone xD

So the rates are the annual 30$ plus up to 3% for any purchase outside the US, plus ~3$ (plus up to 3% for outside US) for withdrawal.

It’s not so bad but I would prefer purchasing in the US anyway … it’s sometimes hard to find a store in the US who does ship internationally and there is always the problem of the different power-environment used in the states :slight_smile:

In comparison to europe, US is very cheap, so I like to buy there as often as I can (even the shipping is often cheaper than shipping inside europe!!)

Thanks for the awesome tips and great feedback!

I look forward to reading it :slight_smile:

To comment on the posts above, Payoneer offers a US Payment Service that allows non-US cardholders to receive US transfers from select corporations including PayPal, Amazon, Google, Apple and more, directly to the Payoneer card.

Existing cardholders can contact our customer support department to apply, or visit the Payoneer Community Forums (link above). If you are not an existing cardholder and would like to apply for a card and US Payment Service, you can do so using this link Domain Registered at Safenames

If anyone has questions about the US Payment Service or Payoneer in general, I’d be more than happy to answer them.

Thanks!

Nissim A.
Payoneer Community Manager

See, that’s why I love these guys!!

Thank you for contributing to the thread, that’s great service! :slight_smile:

yea, like it too … but I am waiting for my approval :-p ( no stress :slight_smile: )

If you’d like to send me an e-mail, I’d be happy to see if I can speed things along for you.