Your first computer?

Hello,

What was your first computer?

Mine was on Zx Spectrum 48K. I still have sentiment for such old school 8 bit style games :wink:

Also on this computer i had first contact with programming - writing simple games in basic :wink:

My first computer was a strange machine my father built from ordered parts. Itā€™s name was cobra (you can find some photos when you search for ā€œcobra computerā€ on google, but mine was at first without the casing and later with a custom, green casing). You could only program it in machine code (my father gave me programs to enter into it - just numbers). I played pong on it. :slight_smile: Later I had Amiga and started programming in AMOS which was great for games (similar to Basic but really powerful andā€¦ unfortunately slow).
My idol at that time (I had maybe 10 years or so) was Eric Chachi (the maker of Another World). Since Amiga I always wanted to make games for a living. Sometimes dreams come through - but mostly those that turn out to be hard work. :smiley:

Cool, self assembled computer :slight_smile: As for amiga i loved it too - it was really cool computer. Iā€™ve played a lot in elite2: frontier, ufo: enemy uknown, etc. Those were great times :smiley:

Experimented with amos too, but never managed to do something complete in it.

Donā€™t forget R-Typeā€¦

BBC Master series.

You guys seem to be with computers since like when you were 10-12 years old. For me first computer was a Pentium-II 833MHz assembled machine running Windows 98. My elder brother had bought it and had introduced me to computers.

My first computer was a 286 25mhz, with 640k of ram. Started programming games on it when I was like 12yrs old with Turbo Basic. Turbo Basic was a compiled basic instead of interpreted like qBasic.

My Grandpa used to tell me ā€œOne day everyone will have a computer!ā€ I didnā€™t believe him at the time lol.

I think i had 8 years. That was nice childhood :wink: Simple, funny and deadly hard games.

my first computer is HCL

I never owned a computer until i was 22:( and it was P3. My cousin had a PC though i donā€™t remember which one and he would sometimes allow me to play cricket on it.

The brand of my first computer is HP, and I have used for more than six years.

Commodore 64, of course. :slight_smile:

Yes I remember mine very well, in fact I am using it right now.

canā€™t remember the specs but it was a 386 running windows 3.1 :slight_smile: