AndroidBillingLibrary for IAP

With the advent of the new google policy, I’ve been thinking of adding In-App Billing for my own apps. From doing a quick search, it looks like a pretty gnarly process to get it implemented in your android code. I stumbled upon this library to see if it made things easier:

https://github.com/robotmedia/AndroidBillingLibrary

I’m curious to hear if anyones used this library in their own code. But probably more so, their thoughts on implementing their on In-App billing?

Hi Keen,

I’ve struggled with integrating Google InApp for a few days… and finally integrated AndroidBillingLibrary to one of my app.
My conclusion was that I lost some control… but it made it soooo much easier to integrate.

It was about year ago. I’m not sure what is the current status of InApp API but I think that Google simplified it a lot so maybe AndroidBillingLibrary is not needed any more.

I think that library is out of date, unfortunately. Uses old API. But I use it and it works - with some problems (people report that payment screen sometimes doesn’t show up - don’t know what is the reason yet).

Yeah this library is redundant how, but to be fair Google IAB v3 is not too hard to implement. It takes a while but WAY easier than v1 and v2. Just remember that it takes a very long time to publish new products for testing and make sure you don’t scan over the documentation as you’ll miss something and you’ll end up tearing your hair out for hours!

Implementing IAB v1 almost reduced me to tears! It was SOO flaky.