Basic Doubts before developing/publishing Android app

Let me tell you that my below questions are very basic ones. Please do not mind. i am brand new to Developing Android apps

1. How Android app total install count is maintained by Google?

• Install and uninstall immediately will also increase the count?
  • Multiple install/Uninstall in same device will also increase the count?

2. I read in internet that per Android App install gives 0.01875$ to the developer.

• is that correct?
  • How money is credited to Developer?
  • per install money credits to Developer account?
  • Or after exceediing some Days or Total installs credts the money?

3. Please share your experience or something whgich a novice really need to know.

I am new to android apps and i am very sure that you guys must have better experience and answers to my questions

Ad.1. Only installs count.

Ad.2. I think you are a little confused here. For a free app you get zero money. For a paid one 70% of the price (minus taxes you pay).
This is why 99% of free apps contain ads or IAP (in application payments - also 70% of the price goes to you).
With ads you get money from advertisement networks, not Google and the revenue depends on number of impressions and clicks / installs of advertised games made by user after clicking). There are banner ads (simple banner users see at the bottom or top), interstitials (full screen ads with close button) and more intrusive ads like icon ads and push notification ads.

As to $ per install - many of us count how much money in general we make for each install and come up with the number which shows how well we monetize our apps/games.
Sometimes though getting less money from user is not bad - when you instead get many, many users - it’s complicated to manage all this, and you must make your own decisions depending on your apps/games and current situation.

PS. It’s worth to note that sales of apps give us the least money. Most of us make money mostly from ads, some also use IAP. Huge companies usually make huge money from IAP (look at Candy Crush Saga for example).

It seems you’re intent to make money through installs, that is possible using third party companies like startapp, you can’t really fake it with those kind of companies (by installing/uninstalling)

Magnesus/Calculator,

Thanks for your quick and valuable replies.
I got the initial thought from this post which leads me in some more extended doubts as below.
please help me in understanding them.

1. Ad Network

• how to choose “ad networks”
  • which one’s are best money giver ad networks? i had a look on internet, but did not get clarity

2. Payments mode from "Ad Network

• Based on the clicks on “advertised app”,what is the complete benifit system like how often(days/months) money credits?
  • Is it come directly vai cheque or online credits?

3. Reveneu from paid/free version of the same app

• Suppose i publish a Paid(0.5 £) as well as Free version of the same app.
  • and Google shows 10,000 installs on paid app
  • and Free app has around 100,000 installs(none of users clicked on advertised apps)
  • Does this mean that developer will be only benifited for Paid installs and not single cent for Free game version?

4. Publishing cost

• I have read that roughly some 20-25$ need to pay to google at the time of account creation for publishing games.
  • Has that to be done for every new app publishing?
  • Is there any other hidden costs to publish a game?

5. Reveneu from free(clicked on advertised apps)

• For a free app with 100,000 installs (all installs includes clicking on advertised apps), How profit(to be given to Developer) is calculated
  • 0.01875$ per install is the average figure or some other calculation is made

How much Money could be made from free App with average installs around 100,000 ?

I know that many of mentioned doubts will be understood with more clarity once i will go through the complete cycle of developing/publishing/responses, but still want to have yours valuables inputs before jumping into it

Ad. 1. Search the forum, there is a lot of info about it.
Ad. 2. Payments are by paypal or wire most of the time.
Ad. 3. That is correct. You sell only paid apps. Free apps are free.
Ad. 4. It’s a one time payment to activate the account. No hidden costs.
Ad. 5. It doesn’t depend on installs. Forget about the 0.01875$. It all depends or many things - read about CTR, eCPM.

How much Money could be made from free App with average installs around 100,000 ?

It depends on so many things, it’s not posibble to give a straight answer.
I recommend that you read about the topic and read some older topics on the forum first. :slight_smile:

Thanks for all ur replies.
I will jump into this and will get back to share my experience and ask urs.
Cya