Forum Spam

I’ve been reporting spam threads and posts over and over but seems like these reports do not get processed.
I suggest the following:

• add a new group called “newly registered users”
  • these newly registered users can only post to the introduction forum - their threads+posts are moderated and need to be approved before visible to the rest of the users
  • when that introduction post is approved those users get transfered to the “registered users” group automatically (min approved post count=1)

This resulted in 100% less spam on my forum.

Thanks for your proposals. I read it in like manner. What’s more, I’m extremely watchful about the guidelines of the gathering spam.

Are you trying to be active here. I see you are simply replying all posts. I guess you are planning to increase your post count to show you as an established contributor here :stuck_out_tongue:

thank you b

I am really wondering how these guys with typical kind of threads are managing to keep their accounts live. Its really disgusting, when a plain page with single line of text appears to say nothing but; " Watch this Vs. That"… its ridiculous. I think the administrator can come up with a control measure to disallow threads with text written in the format mentioned above.

by the way, I feel sorry for such spammers… who believe that, we all are dumb here and going to click their typical hyperlinked junk so to provide them with a HIT… please guys, try something different and more interesting. This isn’t gonna help you much

That spam is probably not for us but for search engine bots. Although I would assume those bots are smart enough to ignore such spam…

thanks for sharing as i will be save from spam in future