Highest Number of Uninstalls in a day: Steps taken to be Back in Track

Hai Everyone…

A few days back one of my friend told me that he wants tips to improve an app’s downloads… But his app was doing great… But he told me and I quote - “App was doing good and has steady increase in ACTIVE users too… But after a bad update, boom - most number of uninstalls in a day… Rank fell down, and now struggles to attract users…”

I told him to trackback users(who rated worst) who commented in playstore and send emails about the apps new update… but this was not much help…

I hear this happens to lot of other developers… So guys can you give any tips… Plz reply with ur worst uninstalls in a day, Reason for that, Steps you have taken to be back in the track… Also Plz tell whether the app has same number of downloads before this scenario…

I got several negative ratings because I wasn’t allowing users to play higher levels in my game without liking on facebook. So I decided to remove the facebook limitation and left replies for all of those nagative comments. Only one of them actually came back and changed the rating into a 5. All the others probably ignored the email that I posted a reply or decided to ignore the game. So replying to users that a new update is available that fixes things might only help a little.

How do you trackback your app raters?
I guess best bet is to improve app and buy some installs from app brain and get some rating exchanges (note those fake 150 review packages from fiverr etc.)

> I told him to trackback users(who rated worst) who commented in playstore and send emails about the apps new update.

That’s a total waste of time. Just calculate your time efforts and possible outcome from this single user.

thank you for your feedback guys… i know tracking users via email doesnt produce much help… can you suggest any other tips…