General questions I hope you guys could answer for me?

Hello MMWA,

I’m new to this Android Development and marketing thing and was hoping that you guys could offer me some help, I have a few questions that hopefully you could answer for me, would be greatly appreicated.

[ul]
[li]What is the cost of creating an app? Whether you can program or not?
[/li][li]Can I use open-source android apps (from http://f-droid.org) and then just reskin and modify the code, then just release it on the PlayStore with monetization?
[/li][li]Is marketing simple games worth it?
[/li][li]What is the average that an android app developer makes daily? What is the maximum average?
[/li][li]How many apps do you have/should have to make a steady income?
[/li][/ul]

Sorry for the list but would be a great help, thanks in advance.

[/li]
If you are a programmer the minimum cost is the time you invest into it. You can develop a simple app with zero additional cost or you could spend 2 years working on a complex one, paying any money you can imagine for development, graphics, music etc.

[li]Can I use open-source android apps (from http://f-droid.org) and then just reskin and modify the code, then just release it on the PlayStore with monetization? [/li]

You can, but the Play Store is full of clones, why would you want to make even more? :frowning:

Is marketing simple games worth it?

It’s random. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn’t. If you have a good game… probably yes. Or maybe not. Hard to tell.

[li]What is the average that an android app developer makes daily? What is the maximum average?[/li]

App developers can earn from $5 (most people) to $50000 (rumored earnings of Flappy Bird developer) per day. It’s random, depends on luck, quality, marketing etc.

[li]How many apps do you have/should have to make a steady income?[/li]

Read this thread: http://forums.makingmoneywithandroid.com/income-reports/1769-how-many-apps-do-you-have-how-much-do-you-earn-per-day.html?highlight=apps

Hi h0rr0h

Welcome to the forum! It’s great that you are interested in starting Android development - this is a very lucrative opportunity and can earn you some big bucks if you know what you’re doing.

The first thing I want to tell you is that the best way to learn is to go out and start doing it - in your case try to develop some Android Apps, or get your hands on some source codes and reskin them. If you have problems, there’s a lot of forums out there that can help you, and there’s some companies offering app development and app reskinning services. By giving it a go, you’ll be able to get hands on experience and learn from your mistakes.

I’m going to try and answer your questions based on my personal experiences - note that this might defer from other people as I am sharing with you what I have learned so far.

What is the cost of creating an app? Whether you can program or not?

The cost of creating an Android app varies from small amounts to large amounts. It all depends on what type of app or game you are creating, whether you will be creating the app yourself or outsourcing the creation to a third party (either an individual or a company). If you are creating the app yourself, you will be able to save hundreds, if not thousands of dollars since you won’t have any additional costs of hiring a developer or company to create the app for you.

There’s also different ways to create Androids apps - you can write apps from scratch, buy source code and reskin the app or you can make use of a framework to develop apps. If you’re only starting out and would like to do the development yourself, you should have a look at the different frameworks available. These can be a great way to get your hands dirty with some development and can help you learn a lot. Most of these frameworks allow you to create HTML or JavaScript documents and wrap them with Cordova or a similar service to create Android apps.

If you’re interested, take a look at Ionic Framework. I personally use Ionic Framework and find it very easy to use, especially with their Ionic View feature and the upcoming notification feature that will soon be integrated into their framework. Here’s a link to their website: Ionic: Advanced HTML5 Hybrid Mobile App Framework

Can I use open-source android apps (from http://f-droid.org) and then just reskin and modify the code, then just release it on the PlayStore with monetization?

As Magnesus already mentioned, the playstore is already full of clones. If you are able to do a really good job with the reskin of the source code and make the game or app very unique and different from the clones that’s already on the store, you might hit some luck and get one of the games to rank high - but it’s usually better to go with a premium set of source codes or create your app from start if you’re looking to take this serious.

I did mention that it’s best to learn from your experiences and mistakes - so there’s no harm in getting some open-source code to play around with. Modify, reskin and publish to the play store. This can give you a feeling of how everything works, especially if you are not ready to spend money on source code right away.

Is marketing simple games worth it?

This really depends on what type of game you want to market and the amount of competition you have. Before deciding to spend money on a simple game, you should check out the play store to see if there’s already a lot of similar games out there. If there is, it might be a dead end for you, but as I’ve mentioned, if you spend some time to do a good job with the reskin and can make the game unique, you might have some luck.

What is the average that an android app developer makes daily? What is the maximum average?

This really depends on what type of apps or games you will be releasing, how you will be monetizing the apps and what types of advertising and promotional methods you will be using. If you have a really good app, you could make a few thousand dollars each and every day if you can get it to rank high enough in the play store; but if your app is not that good you might not see a good profit. Since most of the apps and games are lately clones, most people don’t make much money from their apps unless they spend the necessary time, effort (and money) to make their apps stand out from the competition.

Leveraging the benefits of paid advertising could also help you rank your app higher and, in the end, increase your daily profit.

How many apps do you have/should have to make a steady income?

This is really hard to answer since every developer’s experience defers - some developers publish high quality apps and make thousands of dollars from only a few apps, while other developers have a lot of apps published, but only make a very small amount of profit from their apps.

If you’re taking the reskin route, it might be a good idea to try and get a couple of good games and apps on the app store. You’ll also be able to see what type of apps do better and which ones are not worth your time, money and effort.

I hope my answers could shed some light on your questions and help you in some way. If you have more answers, reply or send me a PM :slight_smile:

Look For costing you only need to confirm with their FAQ or help sections… and for rest things you need to visit the related forums where people are sharing their ideas.

nice but i think it depends upon on our app that how and why we want to create the aap?