Buying app installs and ratings

Hi Guys,

I wanted to have a views of yours. Is it a good idea to buy installs and reviews for a free app running ads? Also pls. touch upon the legal issues with google/play store if any.

lol how’s that possible that you made a post that doesn’t have 50+ lines? xDDD

It depends a lot on your current rating. I always try to get my good apps over 4.25 and my not so good apps over 3.75.

Having a 5* rating won’t hold for long because everyone has his haters out there. If the maximum rating a person can give was 5.5 but the displayed stars have a maximum of five, everything would be different.

I never bought ratings because of the fact explained above.

A very good possibilty to get a lot “true” 5* ratings is to set a timer to 5 minutes that triggers a pop up which recommends the user to make a rating. You even could reward him for clicking the link (he will think that he has to make a 5* rating in order to get e.g. 100 Gold).

Greets, Alex

buying ratings is probably not a good idea, a penalty from Google does not worth the risk. I would suggest adding some code to the app that requests from regular users to rate the app on the store. It would guarantee a good ratings from real install which Google values much more than some random rating.

Hi there, I highly recommend you buy app installs and buy app reviewsother than running ads. Reasons as follows:

[ul]
[li]Data shows that over 65% users download an app by search in the app stores.
[/li][li]When comparing with ads, people give a little more trust to natural search result.By buying keyword search installs, which can boost your app ranking efficiently, about 8~10 hours.
[/li][li]Data shows that about 95% users will take the app reviews as one of the most important reference factors to judge the app , and most people prefer to download an app which has much more positive reviews.
[/li][/ul]