PAL 9000

Hallo there,

I want to present the app, that will make me rich (like your apps made you richt) :slight_smile:

It’s called PAL 9000. Although, At the moment it’s not as intelligent as HAL9000, but it can translate from one language into another. It understands German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, English, and soon Italian, Swedish and Korean, I hope. Don’t speak those languages, and I have to figure out the correct imperative forms for the commands.

It’s voice based. Meaning that there is no keyboard or buttons, where you can enter your phrases or click commands. The name is well chosen, when I start my AI course at university, PAL is evolving into a very intelligent machine being. :slight_smile:

The advantage over all the other translators is, that it uses Text To Speech from Nuance, which is used for in-car navigation systems and siri. It sounds more natrual.

After I good sart, about 82 downloads the first day and 86 downloads the second day with about 52% active installs.

I am not sure, if I will have similar downloads over the rest of the week and if I can hit the 500 downloads in a week. Somewhere I’ve seen a statistic, that only 10% of all apps reach 500 downloads in the first week, and most of all apps will never reach the milestones of 5000 or 50.000 downloads.

Well, in the Tools section, there are already two Translation apps in the top twenty, with lots of downloads. I can reach that too :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, the tool section on Google Play is filled with crap and, as you all know, it’s difficult to be in the first -x entries of an approrpiate search query like “translator”. My approach was, just to copy the description of the successful apps and hope it will pay out.

If I don’t reach the 500 downloads milestone and make some money, it’s not worth to further develop the app. So please help :slight_smile: Download and rate it 5 stars, if you don’t like it. Do not rate :slight_smile:

Oh, btw. The first days, I made US$ 0,13 the second US$ 0,58 with a click-through rate around 3% and an ECPM between 1,20 and 1,50

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=info.genlabor.java.pal9000

Don’t hesitate to email if you find bugs, or you are missing a feautre.

Daniel

Improved version 1.0 is out:

PAL9000 : Translator