How to track how many users use two or more of your apps

I have about 20 apps with 200k active users. I would like to know which of these users are the same. Meaning, which of my users use my other apps. Anyone knows a way to find out?
If for example (what I am expecting) 90% uses app 1 one or two of the other apps, it does not make sense placing Smartapp because they pay 10 times less for returning users.

Any thoughts?!

I think Flurry has such stats - for example you have added Flurry SDK to two of your apps - then in Flurry you can see how many shared users you have.

So in App1 you will see “shared 10K users with App2” or something.

Click on Audience - Interests:My Apps

And it lists how many % of your app’s users are common with each of the other apps in this list.

Hope this helps.

flurry is better then google analytics then?

I use Google Analytics mainly because of the install referrer tracking (which is very easy to setup) and the nice real-time stats view.

But it would be great to be able to identify which users are common across different apps. Would it be possible to achieve this by generating a unique ID for each user client-side, and saving this as a custom variable in your analytics? Then you might be able to do some analysis/filtering on the custom variable values.

Not as familiar with Google Analytics - though I have tested it out - and the real-time is good (though still unsure how to interpret it - as with just one user testing, uninstalling, reinstalling, I am seeing many users - so each new installation counted as new user perhaps). In real-time you can watch each activity being started up - though in practice I don’t know how much value such fine-grained info will give (would be relevant if there was a way to push to such users or there was a real-time chat system there - then knowing where users are maybe relevant maybe). Perhaps when I see it in an app with many users, I will begin to see it’s implications.

With Flurry you can just write to a “string” - so I suppose you could use the phone model, or the user ID (based on the phone ID) - but since each id is a user - you will have thousands of such tracking variables - I am not sure what the Flurry/Google Analytics policy is on number of such trackers.

I am looking for a bug or crash reporting system - any pointers to what one should use - Google Analytics has something like that, and Flurry also advertising something (and the older ACRA and Bugsense type options) - I was leaning towards the Google Analytics stuff - though there are stackoverflow posts by folks saying using ACRA is better for bug and Google Analytics for the stats.

Given familiarity with Flurry - I was even considering something like you suggest - i.e. for a relatively rare bug - just do some diagnostic “I am here” type Flurry keyword tracks. Note with Flurry’s “funnel” tracking i.e. where it supposedly can tell where an app went after it went to one place - you could track what type of stats that bug is exhibiting.

So for a limited bug I could see how Flurry “string” tracking could be used to do this - since would have a small number of such keywords to track.

Do the Google Analytics bug tracking etc. stuff offer something similar to tracking point1 let to point2 or point3 in your code etc. … ?

@adforandroidapps,

Google analytics is not good for tracking bugs at all. It would be very bad idea to track bugs with GA. I’ve tested a lot of bug-services, including Flurry, Crittercism, Bugsense… The only amazing and FREE bug tracker, which is better then all of them is, crashlytics. It has amazing plugin for Eclipse. And amazing web interface, with a lot of statistics, it even shows if the device is rooted or no…

GA is good for common statistics, and referral installs( that’s the reason i’ve started using GA). So, say you run a campaign and you track how many users installed your app/game from that campaign, so would be possible to track the effectiveness of the campaign that you ran in social/apps/games and etc places.

I had a thread here before, almost the same meaning, but didn’t find any ready solutions. Identify each user, and to have the app/game statistic for each user, would be a great thing though. If someone could come out with a clear and tested solution…

how would I track campaign installs?
I want to place a banner in my app of a friends app and want to track installs.

Thanks

Here is a link to GA on how to integrate tracking.

Actually you just need to include GA SDK, and put in the manifest GA receiver. and for sure you must be registered in google analytics and create an app. Just follow that article, that’s step by step instruction.

@adforandroidapps: I use ACRA + Bugsense and it works VERY, VERY well. Being able to upload the proguard mapping file and have it de-ref everything for me is awesome. Another option to look at is crittercism (pushed quite heavily at the AnDevCon in Boston this year… big names like Twitter use it).

According to me flurry analytic s is best option for you, but i am not sure about Google analytical give a tracking information of your apps…