[GAME] Doptrix

This is my first app for Android and I think it’s really awesome! :slight_smile:

Description:
This addictive puzzle game turns classic Tetris upside down and inside out! Rotate and flip the game board, think in many dimensions and challenge your brain, not the clock.

Features:

• Truly unique gameplay
  • Intuitive and highly customizable controls
  • Free (with in-app purchases) and no ads!

This short video best demonstrates the gameplay:
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ_0M_JIkhc[/video]

Doptrix got a bunch of very good reviews! Here are few:

ANDROIDPOLICE.COM - Doptrix puts an awesome twist on classic Tetris gameplay
ANDROIDAPPSREVIEW.COM - Doptrix: The Tetris Revolution Continues
ANDROIDPOLICE.COM - Five Hot Titles From January 2012

Doptrix is available for free:
from Android Market
from Amazon AppStore

Hope you’ll like it!

Great game! It’s a clever concept, and very well executed. I enjoyed playing it very much.

I think the in-app purchases are well setup too. It’s possible to play without paying anything, but they’re a tempting option nonetheless.

I’m curious - what framework did you use to develop the game?

Thanks!

I also think that in-app purchases suit this game. Unfortunately, very few people buy any addons. Maybe it was a mistake to make too many free options.
And some players say that thay rather pay fixed price $2-$3 for a full version.
So I’m having second thoughts about in-app purchases. Maybe I’ll replace them with $1.99 full version…

I didn’t use any framework, it’s a pure Java :slight_smile:

Ah, cool. Good work with the Java then. The animations are quite smooth and nice to use.

I think you’re probably right about the fixed price full version. Personally I do prefer to pay a fixed price, vs in-app addons, simply because then I know how much I’m paying. I was under the impression that most people were happy with the latter though.

Certainly as a developer I’d prefer the add-ons, simply because they’re a more constant stream of revenue. But I suppose it wouldn’t hurt to try a full version, and test it as an alternative to in-app purchases.