Why is Android App Generating So Much More than Windows Phone App?

Hello all,

Any ideas as to why my income is so bad on Windows Phone Market vs Android Market? The following pics shows a list of Android apps that I have and all except one (in yellow), are on the Android Market. As you can see the WP app (in yellow) is drastically lower than any Android app listed. Impressions are similar to some but revenue is way, way down. Ive run the app in an emulator and the interstitial ads appear when expected. An identical app on the Android market earns 8x more.

Any suggestions?

Thanks so much.

Capture.PNG

Advertisers spend their money on Android and iOS. Windows receives a very small portion of advertisers’ time and money.

I agree… what advertising network is that?

Its Admob - great for Android but terrible on WP. Thanks for the feedback guys. I just lowered the threshold before my ads display -see if that helps. :smiley:

IMO, request RPM near $20 is very high. How did you achieved that? What was your CTR, geo?

I wish to know too. My highest RPM is around $6 only. Or possibly direct advertisers placement?

I used to get above 10 RPM when 2 of my games showed interstitials at the moment the user was going for the RESTART button. So, a lot of accidental clicks and a lot more money, but I had to fix this so I wouldn`t get banned. Now the RPM is between 3 and 4.

Hi all,
No special secret. The app has a series of options and on every 5th usage of an option I launch an interstitial ad. 99% of the apps I download work in the same fashion. You play the game for awhile and then an add pops up. No trickery etc, its just the way it is. I have other apps that use a very similar process and they earn much less than this high RPM app.

Also, if I expand the range of date to ‘all time’, the RPM drops well below $10.

Anyways, I uploaded my updated app to WP and it still sucks. About to give in on WP altogether. :wink:

That’s a good strategy. I have one app that has this kind of usage. I will try it later. For the WP market, I am considering to give it a try but looks like still lack of developers and users in the market.

Small update. To the WP app, I added an interstitial ad that opens on app launch and revenue went from 10-15c per day to close to $1 for each of the last two days. Might be something to consider. :slight_smile:

Wow. Not bad. That’s a more than 800% increase in total revenue. Interstitial ad is the best.

Overall Windows Phone market size is negligible (in developed countries) compared to Android. Also Since there are huge Windows developers, I assume the number of apps are high for market share windows has.

My personal feeling its not worth trying Windows Phone. Any comments from others?