Net install percentages

Just curious as to what everyone else is getting for net install percentages for their apps. The four apps I’ve developed seem to hover around 60%, but is that low or about average?

The odd part I’ve found is even paid apps seem to have about 70-75% net install rate. Seems to me people would be much more likely to keep an app they’ve paid for, but maybe not?

Check out this thread: Install / uninstall counts

Most people seem to have less than 50% active installs for a free app, so you’re doing very well to get 60%.

Ahh, Thanks David, I guess I should have checked all the other threads first.

Don’t forget, that ppl used to have no more space on the phone and just uninstall apps they do not use frequently.

Also Android market Stats are lagging heavily, download numbers a re refreshing more often than install numbers … for me it seems, that active installs are lagging behind several days - don’t know the reason for that.

I’ve noticed the same problems. It isn’t as bad with paid apps, as you atleast have a record of sales, but still very frustrating.

I’ve also noticed Analytics seems to be a bit sporadic lately, too. I wonder if they’re related?

Yes, they both are owned by google :slight_smile: …I really wished to be able to hook my market sites in analytics … that would be a nice feature :slight_smile:

I know they’re both owned by google, I was just wondering if they use Analytics behind the scenes to also run the developer console. If so, there’s no excuse for the very, very basic stats they give us in the console.

You can embed Analytics into your Android app, however. I’ve found that much more useful/accurate than the stats in the console. The only thing you can’t get from it is uninstalls.

I am sure, they do not use analytics in the dev console … else they have integrated it into analytics instead of developing the dev console from scratch …

but it would be very nice to see the analytics stats of your android market website … the in-app stats are also interesting but in a different manner

Agreed, very much so.

The biggest problem I’ve had with any of the markets (iTunes, Amazon, Android, etc) is the disconnect with customers, and the inability to access vital statistics to get an idea of how your app title, description, etc are working for you.

For a company that makes its money from being the largest search engine, advertising supplier, you would think this would be second-nature to them by now. sigh

I joined in a Developer Relations Hangout on Google+ the other day with the Android guys at Google. I gave them some feedback about this very topic - analytics and statistics from the Android Market. They definitely heard the request, and all of the other devs in the hangout also agreed that it’s probably the single greatest improvement that could come to the Market.

So Google knows it’s a feature people would like, we’ll just have to wait and see if they consider it feasible / desirable to implement!

That’s awesome, David. I hope they listen too. Anyone happen to mention anything about getting the ability to respond to reviews? I know that’s something I see many, many requests for. Actually I would rate that as the most important feature they could add right now. A bad review from someone that didn’t even try to contact you first to resolve an issue can really hurt sales.

Yes, that was also mentioned in the same hangout. We had a really good discussion about it with a few developers, and the Googlers said they’d consider all that feedback & pass it on to the development team.

Who knows whether the changes will actually be made - and even if they are, who knows how soon. But at least you can be sure Google knows that developers want these tools.

I would be very fine, if I were able to comment a review. It happens sometimes, that a user gives a 1-star because of a error or an unfound feature - so I like to comment it, or give a reasen for it, so other users can read my statement.

That’s really the biggest bummer. You know when you’re selling software directly to people, you have a direct line of communication, and can resolve issues right away. They’ve really prevented us from being able to do that. It hurts our sales, and their income; I don’t get why they can’t see that.

Does iTunes allow developers to respond to comments, anyone know?

very much so, they do not use analytics in the dev console … else they have integrated it into analytics instead of developing the dev console from scratch