Gone from "Top New Free Casual" list in less than a week?

I released my game Coinbox Clicker 2 on Tuesday 5/27, just 5 days ago. So far it has 1800+ downloads and 139 ratings with a 4.45 average. It debuted in the high 200’s on the “Top New Free Casual” chart on Friday, and since then it has been steadily climbing, reaching #161 this morning. But when I checked it just now, I don’t see it anywhere. Is it normal to be booted off the chart so soon and so suddenly? Nothing resets at the first of the month or anything, right? (Since it’s 6/1 today.) Just scratching my head here…

False alarm. It was at 147 on my wife’s phone, but not mine. Weird.

Yeah, market rankings are different per device depending on app compatibility. Apps that don’t work with your device simply do not show up.

Well it wasn’t that, since the app is compatible with my phone. It did show up on mine, too, eventually. It just wasn’t there for a few hours.

What I was referring to was that apps ranked higher than yours on the store listings could have different compatibilities, and therefore affect the app rankings of the apps ranked lower than them.

I find appbrain good for monitoring an app’s position in the various charts around the world.

BTW, that is a good download count and review count, well done.

AppBrain is really bad at showing installs though, they appear quite random recently, sometimes in par with Google Place, sometimes way too low (and one of my apps has 0 downloads shown by AppBrain even though it has tens of thousands on Google Play and the AppBrain code in it works).

I’ve seen this several times myself and I’m almost certain it’s a glitch in the Google Play Android app. The glitch has been around for months IIRC. One way to know that the rankings are glitched is that when they glitch happens you often get rankings where each app in the ranking is ranked twice. For instance some app might be ranked both 12 and 25 in the same category, while some other app is ranked 15 and 60, and so on.

The web version of Google Play appears to be more reliable, but it does not have all the rankings that the Android app has.