"Direct Download Link" for a File

Hi,

Topic?

• Making Android App which needs Windows/Mac side server utility written in C.
  • Android App and C utility is already written and tested.
  • Android App will be available on Google Play and Utility software will be hosted on somewhere else?

Help?

• Looking for Paid/Free service which provides “Direct Download link” for the utility software.
  • Usually many free file hosting services includes intermediate page filled with lots of ads and File “Download” link will be placed in between.
  • Sometime it links to another page when user presses Download link, makes user real frustrated.
    - Kindly suggest me a service which offer unlimited bandwidth per day with direct download link. I will not mind paying for it. I am expecting huge download for it.

Thanks in advance.

How about amazon s3 cloud?

haha … easy one dude… use dropbox public folders. Easiest + Free + Lots of bandwidth. And if you somehow surpassed bandwith fair usage limit with them, means you’re already making thousands, then you won’t mind paying them too :slight_smile:

Dropbox needs dropbox account to share the files. User can not be forced to open account first to get software.
Public folders are allowed only in paid version of $9.99 per month. That too not assured for “direct download link”

Have anyone of you used Google Content Delivery Network (Google CDN) for hosting files for your website visitors?
It looks like Google provide this service for files less than 1MB in size and fair bandwidth. But i do not know how to use it.

Kindly share your experience.

Dropbox needs dropbox account to share the files. User can not be forced to open account first to get software.
Public folders are allowed only in paid version of $9.99 per month. That too not assured for “direct download link”

Have anyone of you used Google Content Delivery Network (Google CDN) for hosting files for your website visitors?
It looks like Google provide this service for files less than 1MB in size and fair bandwidth. But i do not know how to use it.

Kindly share your experience.

No you’re WRONG.

• Direct public links ARE available. Users won’t know dropbox is in picture.
  • Public folders ARE allowed freely. I’m using them currently.

Kindly share any of your public folder link to me. want to check how it loook like.

You can send me in PM.

I wonder noone suggested me Google App Engine CDN.

it works great.