How to make your APP trend in the Android Market?

Is there something specific you need to do? Like, getting 50000 downloads in a short amount of time or something similar?

I’m really curious about this!

No idea. Seems like it is a complicated mixture of a lot of stuff. I can tell you that it doesn’t take 50K downloads in a short time.

“Rebound” sometimes makes the trending apps chart when I advertise for a couple of days. I have seen it as high as page 2. The app has 62K downloads, has been out for well over a year, and a day or two of downloads in the 500 a day range and it appears on the trending apps page. This makes me think that it isn’t all that hard to make the list. But, maybe it is because it is an older app with history that suddenly spikes or something? I am not sure that advertising a new app will guarantee that it makes the trending apps list.

If you look at the apps on the trending charts, there are plenty that have very few overall downloads and don’t even seem to have a huge spike, so whatever the formula is, it is confusing.

one of my apps was new and reached multiple 1000 downloads a day and was not showing up in trending apps …

Understood, thanks for the input guys! I’ll post here if I find something more specific!

I am currently watching one of my games climbing up the top list of its category( it’s on 256 at the moment).

It was climbing over 50 places over the last 3 days.

So I would consider my app as trending … I am not pretty sure what exactly is need for the rank in the toplist but it seems, that the “downloads/time” has some impact on it because today it hopped from 285 (yesterday) to 256 (today) number of downloads/day is currently trending up.

So I would be curious how the toplist relates with the trending list …

I also watch one of my apps (Dental Drill)…it is currently place 9 in the top new list in the Entertainment category.

It also raised from place 212 to place 54 in the last 6 days in the “Free Entertainment” list. It is also under the TOP 100 in the overall “New Free” list.

I checked quite often the “Trending” list…but my app never showed up there???

So, no idea what you need to be trendy…

It could be possible that the trend lists are complete disconnected from the downloads and just react on the overall internet-presence (so backlinks) … so trendy doesnt mean trendy in the market but trendy in the internet. so getting many reviews and backlinks could push the trend lists.

Nice to meet the maker of dental drill xD - recently I made Laser Blaster Simulator just to see how such fun apps would perform … in slideme it gets downloaded over 2k times … without any marketing about it … was impressed

Dental Drill performs like a charm :stuck_out_tongue:

In the Android Market my other games are more or less ignored…but the dental thingy is getting downloaded 1.5k times or more a day … without marketing.

you may have found a nice little niche … but’s not far away, I think every app which aims to let you annoy your friends will perfom good :slight_smile:

I think it has a lot to do with the ratings you’re getting ?
I had my app (Complete Gym Exercise Guide) on the front page of trending apps, alongside Google Chrome :smiley: And it seemed to be because I was getting a good ratio of 5-4 star review’s, well until the users started to get their AirPush ads 2 days inn :smiley: But that’s another story.
The number of downloads you get, I think are just because you are on the trending app’s list.
Ross

I’ve had a couple of apps on the trending list, and I’ve never found any particular formula that gets you into the lists. Basically a lot of downloads in a short space of time will help :slight_smile:

I have found also that getting into the Top 10 Hottest Apps list on AppBrain helps a lot. This drives plenty of traffic from AppBrain, and can sometimes push your app into the Trending or Top Charts on the Android Market as a direct result.

It takes relatively few downloads on AppBrain to reach that Top 10 list. Micro CPU Monitor recently hit the list with less than 200 downloads.

their toplist seems to be on a daily basis :slight_smile:

just found out, that robo miner is in top 10 of casual at appbrain … yeah!

That is cool!! Congraz![hr]
Another Theory about the Trend list: As long as you are in the “New” sections you are not listed as trendy?

there was also a big increase yesterday in downloads at market … nearly +10k … no idea why. Robo Miner has reached the 50k mark

Because it is just a great game…I have tried it yesterday and I really enjoyed playing (gave a five star rating as well).

Robo Miner is currently in the trending list by the way…

really? I look at the website of market every day to track placement but I dont see Robo Miner in the trending list (there is only one trending list)

I can see it at place 175 in top casual games but not in “top free games” yet … where have you looked?

https://market.android.com/details?id=apps_movers_shakers&start=48&num=24

Bottom Left…

Not for me … maybe I get different results because I am in Spain

Anyways THANKS FOR THE INFO! :slight_smile: … Now I need to go out and do some jumping and yelling xD

So the trending list changes depending on the viewer… That’s interesting. Maybe it has to do with description languages?