Maximum cap on publishing apps

Hi,

I wanted to know if there is a maximum cap on publishing the apps in Google play store.

If I publish say 300 apps. Will it hamper my app’s visibility or admob revenue in any way?

Yeah, don’t do that. With a greater amount of apps there’s a greater chance something will be flagged and your account will go bye bye.

It won’t hurt your Admob revenue.

Would be great if you can comment on the following two points

1. I guess it will also not make sense to create multiple developer accounts with different email ID’s and split the apps (like 300 apps split among 6 developer accounts). Pls. confirm.

2. Would it be fine if I keep on un-publishing unsuccessful apps (after monitoring them for 1 month) and publishing new apps with new concepts and keep the total number of published apps less than 50.

I don’t think there is a cap on how many apps you can publish. I think there is nothing wrong with it as long as you are following the rules. It will get you more scrutiny from google, so if your doing something wrong there is more chance they will catch it. Also remember one of the rules is not to publish multiple apps if they are too similar or basically the same app.

As long as you are careful about following the rules I would publish them all under the same developer account, because it’s definetly against the rules to have multiple developer accounts.

"it’s definetly against the rules to have multiple developer accounts. "

I have multiple accounts and researched if it was legal before creating them but couldn’t find anything for or against them. Could you tell me where this is stated so I can delete my extra account if true? Thanx :slight_smile:

I had thought multiple accounts would be against the rules, because they’re often used for generating spam. But when I started selling paid apps, I wasn’t able to accept payments on my main account due to a stuff up with my Google Checkout merchant account. So in the support tickets with Google, they actually recommended I create a new account, and transfer my apps across (they helped with this process). So it seems as if they’re not against a developer being in possession of two developer accounts in principle.

Of course, in practice it may be a different matter altogether. Transferring all your apps from one account to another is quite a different situation to creating 300 accounts to publish spam apps. :slight_smile:

mine are not spam apps. They are definitely better than other apps (which simply open the related websites in a WebView) in the same category. Its like I have app for Abraham Lincoln quotes, Buddha quotes, Mother Teresa quotes …(other 20-30 famous people). Then I have interview question apps on Java, PHP, Android, .Net, Mainframe, HTML5 etc. Then I have quiz apps like Tennis quiz, Cricket quiz, Chess quiz etc. Of course the content, logo and app. description are some sensitive areas where I need to work on but first wanted to confirm if I am going in the right direction…

@david,
I just saw your app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wtf Quite interesting!!

If you have different categories of apps, this may be benificial. For example, I have some GPS apps and some trivia apps. People interested in my other GPS apps have to sift through a lot of my trivia apps to find something. Likewise, while view GPlay page for a trivia app, the first 3 results for ‘more apps from developer’ are GPS apps.

Sure, I didn’t mean to imply that you guys are making spam apps. :slight_smile: Just pointing out that Google could easily interpret the “multi-account” situation as being an attempt to circumvent their TOS, if the apps on one account get banned and you keep creating more.

I made this app as a “proof of concept”, to see if anyone would actually buy an app which literally does nothing. And advertises that fact quite plainly in the description. And guess what? Over 10 people have actually bought it (without asking for a refund!). Go figure.

That’s exactly the reason I’d like multiple accounts to be supported.

I was researching for developers who already have 300+ apps on Google play as of now. There aren’t many but there quite a number of developers with 100+ apps.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=DoApp,+Inc has 387 apps.

I had started in Feb’13 and have 50+ apps as of now. I have made my mind that I would keep the total count of my apps less than 200 and un-publish those apps which have <100 installs after one month. I hope Google will like this approach. Fingers crossed…

Mr. Bruce, I might be wrong.

And how do you perform this search ?

I started from a very common term “Movies” and hit the first app in search results then saw how many apps that developer has published. Then looked for developer names like AndroidApps, BetterApps which tend to have high number of apps and finally reach DoApp which is also similar to AndroidApps, BetterApps. You got it?

BTW: I use this type search to get new app ideas

My two cents worth…:slight_smile:

Yes I got it , thank you

Ok thanx debug, you never know with Google since they never answer any questions.

my advice is dont put the all eggs in to the same basket.

im not saying your apps are spam apps but if you started in feb and managed to develop 50+ they shouldn’t be quality apps too.(like quotes apps).

if couple of your apps got banned, there is a huge risk to loose all of your apps. you should no that it’s google and generally they don’t get the developers side. an app could get suspended due to a little reason like too much keywords in the description (which you may not notice when you publish). also if a competitor keep reporting your apps there is a possibility to suspend apps.

i have seen even large app development firms got banned which had 100+ quality apps.(google the story of moonbeam development).

also i don’t think un-publishing low demand apps is a good idea. google may identify this as a spammy behaviour. i saw somewhere, a developer got banned because he unpublished so many apps within short time.(according to him, that was the reason for ban).

finally, i think it’s worth to develop a one good quality app than making 100+ crap apps. from my experience, most of the quotes apps has less downloads. do some cool and innovative thing, you will get tons of downloads and can make decent money.

Also think about how will you support 300 apps. Even a simple update to ad network will be hell.

Very valid points there. Probably I was beginner so didn’t understand the mind boggling number of downloads that one can have even for a single app. Now that I have 50 apps, what would you recommend? Un-publish low quality apps or try improving quality of apps over a period of time.

it’s quite difficult to predict, but in general you can get maximum downloads in first 30 days and and your first 30 day performance will effect to the rest of the downloads. so even if you improve the quality, you might not get good results. (but some times this may change). i think you better unpublish low quality apps carefully.

I have started to un-publish very low quality apps like Tennis quiz, Buddha Quotes in Chinese because I couldn’t justify their presence in my portfolio. From now on I would enhance quality of apps and publish high quality apps (probably after getting reviews from friends).

Someone mentioned not to put all balls in the same basket so I have started android article series on my website

http://www.javaexperience.com

, in case anyone is interested to view it.