Where to look for inspiration?

How do you think up new app ideas?

Is there some website ripe with unused app ideas?
Perhaps a website giving popular iOS app’s names that are not already on android… or something like that?

How and where to look for inspiration?

Yep, everybody who has great app idea want to share it and let others do it instead of make cash himself.

An idea is just a tiny part of the whole process. And some people know they would never be able to do it by themselves or hire another one to do it.

World is full of Game Designers - those do not code themselfs, they just care for an idea, for gameplay and all that stuff (that stuff can be pretty challenging for a dev sometime)

If you are good with social media, have a try and look aout for Game Designers who are searching for a developer. But be careful - it’s like coding: No, not everyone can do it properly :slight_smile:

Well, most of the ideas I get from (I know you are going to laugh aloud …lol…) dreaming. What you can do is try to point out something new in the things around you like what Whatsapp developers have though of introducing and application that just vanish the sms messaging system, and just by the introduction of similes they have make millions of dollars try looking around idea is all around us we just have to get the eyes to see them (Sounds inspirational, tell you what this is going to help you I am definitely sure) :slight_smile:

Idea is not important, execution is :slight_smile:
Think about something that bothers you, and find a solution.

Well @jpeg can I ask you a question? How did the execution can be process if you don’t have any idea, what I mean to say proper idea is important for execution !

I carry a notebook around and write down any idea that I might have, good or bad. Then I combine and modify them.

You don’t need to do something revolutionary. It looks like everything has been created. And in fact, if something doesn’t exist, maybe it’s because it’s bad. Look at AirBnb. Or Imgur, it has been created because each other existing hosting images websites were bad according to the creator.

I am sorry @jpeg Still I can’t agree with you because from my point of view I think there is a need of idea to be in order to be executed. :slight_smile:

Yes I know. But I think an idea doesn’t come up right away. It need to nurture :slight_smile:

hmm… quite a good point ! But I must say every person has its own source of inspiration mine was the … :smiley: anyway I’ll still think a bit more about it.

I’d recommend some podcasts and browsing through Google Play - this usually works for me.

I generally like to look through the API at all the different classes that are provided through android, then think to myself what I can make with it.

Browsing GP. It always works :smiley:

I’d say browse around Google Play, play a few apps, and think of a way or two to give them a creative twist. Remember making an app is 30% of the cost/effort. The rest - 70% - is totally marketing.

We can tell you how to create an app . You need to use your brain for app idea. Why someone will share his idea. ? if you want inspiration. look at app development portals like apphinge.

That’s sad but true. However I wouldn’t say that 70% is marketing, maybe for low quality app this is true but if the app can defend itself because it’s good, marketing is crucial only at the beginning. In summary this is fifty fifty in my opinion

Inspiration is one thing - research is another. And while going into the industry you should do the research - just try out the most popular apps, keep in touch with the novelties, pick yourself a genre you want to go in and review the apps coming in - look at their features, think what works and what doesn’t. Think about a product perfected.