Marketing Help

Hello!

I have about 10,000 total installs and 3k active (due to bugs in early releases)

I haven’t marketed my apps once and dont even know where to begin. I’m just seeking some help.

Thanks,
Reg

First off you need to figure how much money you can make out of a user, to see if marketing your app is a good idea (:

3000 active isn’t so bad, why not try different ways to monetize your app with those users before thinking about advertising?

Right now im running admob. my eCPM is $0.40

Maybe you should try some free marketing? Posting your app in different forums, trying to reach out to your audience and stuff. For example, I could be a potential customer, but you have no means for me to check out your apps. Maybe if you had a link to your apps in the Android Market that would already be a small boost.

Let’s see what others have to post about this!

You can upload your apps to other alternative app stores.

Here is my list of stores I have tried recently:

http://www.baby-soft.de/?p=49

So you can get even more active users.

your link raises a bad warning (about dangerous site) in firefox - you may consider using a more friendly website :wink:

firstly put your app on to slideme - there is still a just-in sections which can attract you some more users and slideme is not so complicated like … say getjar … also there is another user-base than in android market, so your spread is sort of wider :wink:

My site has been hacked!!!

I have deleted the hole thing and start from the beginning…

I fixed the site…here is the updated link:

http://www.baby-soft.de/?p=49

Hi, there are many methods can promote app. Hope the following methods are useful to you.

1.Content Marketing
You can write some articles to introduce your app, posting these articles on some famous blogs and forums, for example, Goole blog.

2.Social Media
There are many platforms of social media you can use, such as Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin,etc. You can share your app links on those platforms, you also can ask your friends help you promote your app.

3.Pre-loaded
You can cooperate with mobile phone maufacturers, maybe it will cost you much money, but it can be the efficient way to increase the download quantity and promote your app products.

4.Advertizing
If your budget is enough, you can do some ads on google, facebook, app store, etc. The effect of ads is obviously.

5.Getting good reviews and Ratings
Most audiences prefer to download an app which has more positive reviews and the 4/5 stars ratings. You can guild or incentivize users to give your app positive reviews and 4/5 stars ratings. If you have sufficient budget, you canget app reviewsfrom third party, like reviewapp4u.

6.App store optmimization
ASO is short for App Store Optimization. It is some kind of process of improving the mobile apps’ visibility in an App Store. As we know, there are many different ways for customers to find new apps – media, websites, friends, etc. But far and away, customers are searching for new apps. This leads ASO to getting more and more significant for app developers.And when compared to ads, this paid promotion method is much cheaper. If you don’t know much about the ASO, there are many ASO companies provide app store optimization services, you can cooperate with them.