The Humble Bundle (for Android)

David: Move this if I’ve gone for the wrong forum. There’s no real OT forums so figured this was as relevant to this topic as any other.

Ladies and gentlemen, you may have prior knowledge of the great work done by the team over at http://www.humblebundle.com/ They regularly release bundles of indie games under a “pay what you want” scheme, with the money being split between the developers, EFF and ChildPlay (again, fully customisable). Key features of the bundles that have been added over time are:

• DRM free editions
  • Cross platform (Mac, Linux, Windows)
  • Steam Keys
  • Soundtracks

I haven’t yet found one bundle that hasn’t had a fantastic indie game in it, and the only bundle I haven’t bought was only left because a Steam sale had already suckered me into owning all the games within it!

So why is this relevant (you ask. you might also ask why I didn’t say this earlier)? The latest bundle has gone to one more platform: Android. That’s Edge, Osmos, World of Goo and Anomaly for Android. And every other platform. For any price (although I would encourage you to pay the average if possible - it is for a good cause after all).

So, one more time, http://www.humblebundle.com/

Thanks for posting! I bought the bundle, and am really enjoying Anomaly on my Transformer Prime :slight_smile: The bundle is very good value for money - I’d recommend it to anyone who’s the slightest bit interested. Besides, it’s a great way to support indie developers and charity at the same time.

I have a question - What does DRM free edition mean?

“DRM free” means there are no restrictions placed on how you use the file/software. Some companies (like Apple, with iTunes) place technological restrictions on the use of music or software purchases, to prevent you from copying them to unauthorized devices. DRM-free software will work on any device you copy it to.

For the record, DRM stands for Digital Rights Management :slight_smile:

oh thats cool! thanks.

does that mean you can buy it once and then just give it to everyone or is it free or what?

NO! That’s not what it mean! That is piracy

It simply means: You buy it, and you can use it (for you) however you like, you can copy it on your (own) other phones, make backups and so on. (Most of them is not possible with DRMed software)

It is kind of ridicolous to think, that because you have the possibilty that you are allowed to copy it all over the world … it wouldn’t make any sense at all to sell it for that purpose … :slight_smile:

It means, that they thrust in you, that you will not redistribute it

I suppose if one is paying for it, he/she might not redistribute or at least the likelihood of that happening is not too great. But some people will do that. I guess you have already thought about it though.

Good job though.

Cheers - Bill