My first google play suspension, help me understand why

Hey guys, i had an account with GooglePlay for over a year and a half with good standing.

I have 3 apps on it that are all slight variations of each other, with total downloads between all three in 2 million range. I never had a problem with my apps, and I follow gplay rules.

Few days ago I add another app to my roster (another slight variation of my other 3) and get this email SECONDS after I publish:

This is a notification that your application, xxx for Android™, with package ID xxx, has been removed from the Google Play Store.

REASON FOR REMOVAL: Violation of the intellectual property and impersonation or deceptive behavior provisions of the Content Policy. Please refer to the IP infringement and impersonation policy help article for more information.

This particular app has been disabled as a policy strike. If your developer account is still in good standing, you may revise and upload a policy compliant version of this application as a new package name.

This notification also serves as notice for remaining, unsuspended violations in your catalog, and you may avoid further app suspensions by immediately unpublishing any apps in violation of (but not limited to) the above policy. Once you have resolved any existing violations, you may republish the app(s) at will. Before publishing applications, please ensure your apps’ compliance with the Developer Distribution Agreement and Content Policy.

All violations are tracked. Serious or repeated violations of any nature will result in the termination of your developer account, and investigation and possible termination of related Google accounts. If your account is terminated, payments will cease and Google may recover the proceeds of any past sales and the cost of any associated fees (such as chargebacks and payment transaction fees) from you.

If you feel we have made this determination in error, you can visit the Google Play Help Center article for additional information regarding this removal.

The Google Play Team

Now, my immediate reaction is that I can’t use “for Android” at the end of the title, so what do I do? I rename the app, and repackage it as a new submission. After I submit another new app into the store, I get the same exact email within MINUTES of submission.

Now, my questions are:

1. I submitted same screenshots with this new app as my other app (all my other apps have different screenshots, icons, descriptions between them)… could this be the problem?
  2. If its not screenshots, then could it be the content of my app? Should I be worried about all my other apps now even though they have been in the store for over a year?
  3. Could this be the type of app/category i chose to publish it in, should i stop trying to make apps in this niche and lay off of it now?

I am paranoid as **** to update or do anything to the listings of my existing apps! Is it time for me to start thinking about creating a new account?

That really sucks man. When I started reading I thought it might have been due to the Spam policy. (Google hates re-branding or very similar apps etc).

I’d say your final though is on the money. Leave the account be now, don’t even update those apps ever again.

Get a new account and proceed from there to be safest.

It could be due to the content of the app. Are you using any copyrighted images? Is all your text original? If it was spam, the email should be stated spam policy violation.

Yes its bcoz u used android in tittle even o got suspended two apps but account is still Active

I would say i do have some copyrighted images in the content of the app, I might even go as far as saying some of it is displayed in the screenshots.

I guess what I could get away with before, I can’t with anymore… should I change my old apps screenshots in this case? Or just wait for the inevitable ban.

P.S. text is all original, no spam, no keyword stuff. I even go as far as hiring professional translators to translate it to other languages.

Nothing personal toxic, I really love to see bans :smiley:

As Alkaline said, don’t touch the account now.

Either:

1. Do nothing
  2. Change screenshots
  3. Unpublish all your apps

Change screenshots might not be useful, if you are still using copyrighted images inside your app, as Google bot had already tracked you.

If you feel the income from your apps worth the risk, or you can get the developer account somewhere, then do nothing.

If you want to publish policy compliant apps in the future with your account, unpublish all your apps.

This really sucks man. It must be feeling awful. I say don’t change any content of your app. Either your account is flagged as high risk account and bots are all over you or any new change to your account will result in “rescan the app in question”
Like alkaline said, open a new account and let the old account bring your money from existing user…
Sorry man but it seems every developer has to go through this Apperently :s

Well, that was something I would say sad I think those same screenshots may be the reason why you got yourself another hammer by Google ! I would say now for the sake of your other apps to earn normally like they were, it would be better not to touch that account again as one more strike is going to hammer you down to the bottom.