Airpush EULA

When users press ‘cancel’ in the Airpush optin agreement do they still receive notifications/icon ads?

They do in SDK 5.0, not sure about 6.0.
In 5.0 it was “accept” or “close”. If it now says “cancel” in 6.0, then I would imagine they do not receive ads.

Thanks, actually I was asking for SDK 5.0 I was remembering wrongly ‘cancel’ instead of ‘close’

yes they do, airpush doesn’t care.

Just tested my app with airpush sdk, it’s set to 5 icons per month.

While I tested a new update on my app, airpush spammed my device with 8-9 icons, 1 icon with each app start.
First that’s a really dirty behaviour to lie to developers and penatrate users and the second thing is, do we really see those 8-9 icon pushes in the dashboard? I bet only 5

I have been testing sdk 6.0 today. It seems now (contrary to sdk 5.0) Airpush does not send notifications if users choose ‘cancel’ on the EULA.

The EULA itself states " If you click “Cancel” below, Airpush will not place ads in your notification tray or home screen"

So I guess now there are more compliant to google terms. On the other hand this means reduced earnings :slight_smile:

Their new SDK 6.0 shouldn’t push ads to users if they click “cancel” at EULA. I too have tested this with my own app and haven’t seen any ads after clicking “cancel”.

Is it against google policy to stop the application if the user presses ‘cancel’ on the EULA?