Stop screwing us! We shoud build our Non-profit Open Advertising Networks!

Hi~guys~I haven’t post a new thread before, this is the first time, I did this.
If any gays lost more 60% incoming in these days, because of ecpm, I think we should talk.
Why we work so hard, and we only can get such lower ecpm?
Why our customers get so many ads,and we can’t get money?
Why google play screw us, and don’t tell us reason?
I think we need a Non-profit Open Advertising Networks, I think we need work togher!
To start this program, I think we just need 3000K active users and $200K.
I can offer 500K acitve users and $20K. Anyone want to join?

---------------new parts from our wonderful ideas-----------
Hi~my friends~here are some news. From your ideas, I think we just need to do the below things to complete our new Non-profit Open Advertising Networks.if anyone can do or complete below or just ideas,please post here.
1.client part, for android(simple part, I have enough codes to handle this)
2.server part, (simple part, a lot of open source can help us, we are open ad network too!)
3.money(I have provided some, but we need more)
4.ad sources(ad exchange, ad affiliate, my webistes are using adsense,however we all know it’s just another one, so we need more information about this part!)
5.active users or good apps to test(I provided 500K, we need more!)
6.a group which we all believe to keep it Non-profit&Open
These are what I can think, please help me, you help make it possible.

I’ve been considering a similar thing for some time now. What sort of formats are you thinking of - banner ads, app walls, push notifications…? It would be much easier to do an ad exchange, rather than a full-fledged commercial ad network. Getting advertisers on board would be the hardest part of the operation I think.

I think AD type is the easiest part, we can give us any ad type we want, I have fully codes to show them. And we even can give us api, why not api? any ad type you want, you can do it by yourself! That’s our style!
Yes, an ad exchange is easy, we can consider it firstly, and then we can consider ad exchange from our ad networks. however it’s not the futhure, I believe. like website ad exchange has dead. I think we should provide some ads which is really useful. We need time and money to let customers and Advertisers know that, it’s hard, but we need do, it’s good for all of us, that’s why we need Non-profit and Open. Consider we all believe mobile is the futrue, this project should be a Revolution to destory the final problem in the mobile software Industry. If we not do this now, a lot of Wonderful apps will disapear forever and I quite doubt the futrue.
And firstly I think we should just let any guys “we know(who build this project Together)” to join us, and then we can save a lot of money&time to clean fake click. And after we finished our system, we can let anyone join us.

Or maybe just fuck ad networks and serve own ads? There are tons of affiliate programs, CPA, CPC, CPM for websites and mobile. Why not to build own ad system and serve own ads?

i have quite similar thought, ad networks really sucks these days :frowning:

Hi~my friends~here are some news. From your ideas, I think we just need to do the below things to complete our new Non-profit Open Advertising Networks.if anyone can do or complete below or just ideas,please post here.
1.client part, for android(simple part, I have enough codes to handle this)
2.server part, (simple part, a lot of open source can help us, we are open ad network too!)
3.money(I have provided some, but we need more)
4.ad sources(ad exchange, ad affiliate, my webistes are using adsense,however we all know it’s just another one, so we need more information about this part!)
5.active users or good apps to test(I provided 500K, we need more!)
6.a group which we all believe to keep it Non-profit&Open
These are what I can think, please help me, you help make it possible.

I’ve been thinking the same thing as well. I’ve tried a bunch of new ad networks in the past few weeks, and many of their implementations are terrible. Shockingly bad. I’m not surprised that they’re not performing well.

I agree an ad exchange would be a great way to start and then add advertisers later. Between all the developers on this forum, there’s a ridiculous amount of downloads/users/impressions collected here.

I think the banner space is pretty crowded and doesn’t perform that well anyway. With push notifications, I’m always afraid they’re going to be banned completely down the road.

Just thinking out loud, I think app walls are the most interesting in terms of potential and lack of choices out there.

I’ve been experimenting with various appwalls from Leadbolt, AppBrain, Blu Trumpet, AppFlood, Everbadge, Moolah in the past week and they’re pretty lacking.

If there was an app wall that started out with your webview code from another thread, added adforandroidapps’s prefetching stuff, and incorporated different presentation options (“More Apps” link, “Want more features?” full-screen, and direct showing), it would blow away anything out there right now.

Any updates on this idea?

Almost similar thread here: http://forums.makingmoneywithandroid.com/marketing-methods/1098-looking-volunteers-cross-promotion.html

You all have been heard… I will know more here shortly. Stay tuned

So agree with you, and what you are talking about are so similar with this article’s points…that how bad traffic poor ads formats would bring…
Everyone’s a loser with banner ads. Ditch them.

Banner ads are not a loser. The reason they suck so often is the barrier to entry is so low that most companies put out shitty creatives (the graphic you see) that some executive likes (no A/B testing).

Personally, I have run banners for a household name and seen a CTR of 7.2%

I have also run text-only Admob banners and seen a CTR for 0.05%.

This is the same banner slot in the same game with the same audience. Banners are not the problem. Shitty creatives are the problem.

I agree with mind almost completely. I see CTRs in the 8 percent range when ads are HIGHLY TARGETED. If the user is interested they’ll click! I don’t understand why adsense ads in apps suck so horribly while Google does a great job with ads in search results. Personally, I click on ads in search results quite often because it’s EXACTLY what I’m looking for.

If CTR will be 8% it is the right way to get banned from admob itself. So, I think it is fine that graphics or what ever other reason make the CTR lower is a great thing. I believe 2% is just the right number for CTR…

I agree that it matters whether the ad creative is a good or not, or whether your users are a good match for some particular ads…I still think that it is also the same imprtant to mix and match the right ads. formats for your apps which also related to CTR.

Hey I just found this thread I hope you still have that in mind. I would participate in this project. I have medium programmer skills. Could we do a skype conversation or sth like that to see, who wants to take part with which job? Like which users do the webpage (…)

My Skype is : Troll_im_Wachstum95