Your ideas for a smart strategy to unlock premium content with ads

Thanks for your answer, this is definitely not a bad idea. Though I am not sure how efficient sharing an app on a facebook wall really is. And I assume it gets flagged as spam quickly by facebook users. I have done something similar in another app, where this time I use in app currency. Like, “share this app on facebook and get 10 coins” and from my analytics it doesn’t seem to bring significant new installs. My set up is pretty basic, as I can’t detect if the users has indeed shared the link on facebook, so I have the feeling users are pretty used to this strategy and just click on the button, press back 1/2 second after, and get the reward without even opening facebook :slight_smile:

If you or anybody else is using this strategy with a way to make sure user has indeed shared the link before giving the reward (maybe with facebook sdk) I would love some feedback

Maybe carriers want 50% like they take with SMS based payments.

SingTel introduces carrier billing for Google Play Store purchases - Crave - Mobile Phones - CNET Asia

Thanks for the link Skurry, this is a good news. Although from this part of the world, it seems to me Singapore is not the location with the biggest potential, since many people already use their credit card to buy my apps. Indonesia is very large and I was thinking there is more potential outside of Singapore… Anyway Google has to start somewhere he? So good news for the long term.

If anybody is using SingTel carrier billing in his app please share your comments / thoughts!

Until Google can expand outside it’s handful of countries for developers being able to publish paid apps, it’s pretty much useless for those folks, but good for general ecosystem.

I wonder what SingTel etc. finally managed to extract from Google ?

If Google is paying SingTel some 50% of the 30% that Google collects or what ?

Does anybody have any info related to the addition of new paid application seller countries?

Read the the last paragraph in the link above. It’s somewhat hard to understand, but it sounds like SingTel (partially) owns Telkomsel which operates in Indonesia, and might be planning to roll this out there as well.

I also found this post which says it’s already available?

DailySocial - Google Play Store Adds Support For Telkomsel?s Carrier Billing | Indonesian Tech Startup Media