Worth to publish for iOS, too?

Could you suggest some tools and programming language for windows phone development?

Its developer programe is paid?

You can try Unity if You are game developer. It is mulitplatform game engine.

and for apps?

Windows Dev Center | Microsoft Developer :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: thanks for pointing me relevant link.

I have no experience with Windows, but i am using Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 Community Edition with Unity. When i am starting new project in Visual Studio, i see Windows Phone App template. Visual Studio 2013 Community Edition is free for non-commercial use.

Screen attached.

My first iOS app has been accepted today after 10 days. I was sure they would reject it for some stupid reasons but it got approved directly. Very good news so far. It already had some impressions and I think it will have a good start. Revenue looks promising so far. The iPhone itself is useless for me. I bought it as a testing device but I do not really like it. I also bought a MacBook Air which I actually like very much. It is so great for surfing around. I still do most development on my Windows machine though.

@Dummie - first 3 days on iOS will get you many downloads, but after that it drops. And it often drops to zero.

My app hit one million downloads on Android and I think this also is going to benefit for the iOS app. But we will see.

I can confirm Magnesus´s statement :slight_smile:

If your app/game is good you’ll have a stable number of active users and a much better eCPM.

I think that people like it. It got a rating of 4,0 and almost 15.000 downloads a day on Android. I hope this also pushes the iOS version.

Don’t expect it to do anything. My popular game that has about 1M downloads on Android has about 10k on iOS after a year or two (still more than my other games there though). It’s a completely different market and is saturated even more than Google Play is.

Well I actually expected it could do the same on the Apple App Store but that does not sound very good. I had about 350 downloads yesterday and around $ 2 income. Thats not much but it was acceptable considering it is online for about a day.

I hope it is not following this mechanism and it starts to bring some better revenue. Anyway I do not really need to make the money for the hardware back but it would be very disappointing if it really does not.

Hey guys,

my game is live since 17th of this month and I think it is not doing too bad.

17.06.15 : 355 downloads
18.06.15 : 313 downloads
19.06.15 : 323 downloads
20.06.15 : 420 downloads

Ranking:
17.06.15 : 1077
18.06.15 : 1351
19.06.15 : 1495
20.06.15 : 474

You can see there is still an up trend (income increases also, of course). The weekend sure helps it and it seems my release date was choosen very well.

We will see what the next days are going to look like. I still got a good feeling about it.

They payment on iOS apps is higher but there are less number of ios users than android

Any update on this?

Sure. Unfortunately you can see that there is a drop within the last days:
21.06: 407 downloads
22.06: 355 downloads
23.06: 332 downloads
24.06: 211 downloads
25.06: 151 downloads

I guess that is because of the high competition that is pushing my ranking and my app down. Most publishers release in the middle of the week and I guess thats exactly what we are seeing here.

Anyway I expected this because you all told me and I already prepared an update about a week ago and it should be live today or tomorrow. I think it should magically push the app up again. Probably things are starting all over again then. :smiley: Unfortunately I’m very busy and I have not finished any further update. But we will see.