Why I don't use Leadbolt at the moment

Hopefully now everyone is done highjacking my thread… Leadbolt reached out to me and had been VERY helpful with some suggestions to improve performance. Of course, they want me to integrate their SDK and do interstitials, app walls, etc,etc too (just like every other ad network!)

not to be picky or anything, it is not because i don’t want to use leadbolt or anything, they just completely banned my account right before i even publish my first app in any market, i assume this is due to some stupid security system that they had, i probably mistakenly login to their dashboard in several different places, but banning my account due to that reason is no go to me.

so just beware of this fact friend. i want to trust them, but judging by this prematurely banned, i had no word to say. i already appeal them using my real scanned id, even my passport but my appeal was denied back then.

And after implementing their changes, my eCPM is now half what is was the previous day despite double the traffic as a test… My account manager also suggested I add interstitials between game levels.

sigh Why even both if someone can’t even look at your game and understand that it does not have game levels ? Or are they just doing a copy/paste from a ‘how to improve performance’ manual ?

I give up (at least for the next while).

My leadbolt profit has dropped in half in the last month with my apps giving a stable amount of clicks and impressions. The amount i am getting per click is getting below 1 cent sometimes. That is pretty shitty for any ad company to pay.

Views/Imps Clicks ECPM EPC CTR Revenue
58,614 5,701 $2.12 $0.02 9.73% $124.33

How long do you use leadbolt? My revenue with them dropped by 75%, 3 month after using them.

Well, I just got an email from Leadbolt asking me to stop sending them the last two types of categories of traffic that WordHero generates:

• Blackberry
  • Kindle Fire

… the saga continues…

Mind, have you tried sending any traffic to ad-mob lately? My ecpm’s with admob have gone back up since April. They are now higher than ever.

Yeah, xdebugx, is right. Admob is performing very well. Why would you need to send data to others I’ve no idea…

Not for me… on Admob, my CTR is 0.2% … on EVERY other network it is 0.6-0.8%. This means a eCPM of somewhere under $0.15.

The only categories I have turned off are Personals and Age Appropriate ads.

Sorry, but shitty text only adverts don’t cut it…

I don’t understand why some people have terrible ctr/ecpm with ad-mob and some have great… I wonder what the difference is. It seems the people serving millions of impression have worse, and people who are doing moderate impressions (~10k per day) get the great ecpms. Here’s my stats so far this month with ad-mob: eCPM: $1.40, Impressions: 175,076, CTR: 2.28%

I have a great CTR, but I don’t put the ads next to buttons or anything like that, and I also use adsense backfill (the text ads). I haven’t turned off any categories though.

For admob i get CTR 0.43% on 744,283 impressions. I have political and religious ads turned off.

@mind
I think blaming Leadbolt and Admob is wrong in this scenario.
Your game gets repeat players (People playing it again and again). Those players mostly ignore ads (They learn quickly how to ignore the ads).

If you can keep altering different ad formats that would be far better than switching display ads.

Just my thoughts.

@XdebugX: because Google gets a higher value throughput if the top paying adverts get sent to those apps with the highest CTR… So apps like WordHero that only do 0.6-0.8% get shitty creatives and then perform badly.

I just finished pushing 100k impressions to Admob. 100% fill. Awesome! 0.11% CTR… not awesome. BUT… CPC is 7.82 cents!!!

Compare to Millennial Media: CTR is 0.59% and CPC (over 2mil impressions) is 3.0cents.

So what pisses me off (choose one):

1. Why can’t admob show adverts that get the same CTR as MM? (it’s the same advert slot in the same game after all!)
  2. Why can’t MM pay the same CPC as Admob ?

Because if that happened… my revenue would be 2.54x higher!

I think your low ctr has a lot to do with how addictive and time based your game is. When I’m playing there’s no way I’m going to leave the main gameplay screen for an ad, when I’ve been searching for words for 15-20 secs already. I don’t want to miss my chance to find more words. On the leaderboards screens I think there’s more chance people would click the ads, but still most of them don’t want to miss the start of a new round. I can’t think of a good way to combat this. Maybe you could show an interstial between rounds and make the leaderboards duration longer, so that people get a little bored and are not so scared of missing the next round.

Yea, I would have to agree. I wouldn’t click an ad while playing WordHero. The time in between rounds is just enough to check out top words. Then I check the leaderboard to see how many points I am off first place, as well as other players’ stats. By that time the new round is ready to go. There’s no time for ads. Have you tried giving people more time in between rounds? Even then, clicking on an ad means that you’d have to miss the beginning of the next round.

MMedia doesn’t have double tap requirement, which explains higher CTR.

I’m getting poor results with Leadbolt Banner Ads:

Imp 230k - Clicks 6,300 - ECPM 0.46$ - EPC 0.02$ - CTR 2.74% - Revenue 106$

Can anyone suggest me a better ad network for banners? (no admob please)

Thanks

Doesn’t seem that poor.

I hope to get, at least, 3 cents per click.

Completely agree.
We see that certain ads that work great on 1-10 session apps, produce a lower eCPM on multy-session apps like yours.
Over time your users will keep seeing similar ads and similar formats, and learn to ignore them, therefore a good practice would be to divide the impressions over a few networks. The difference in formats and designs will raise the eCPM (from our experience).