When did you see the first results?

So true, this is a feast or famine environment where unless you can drive a ton of downloads to your app you will perish. I have some exceptional 3D games that have never gained traction not because of quality but because they couldn’t get ranked. It is crazy to me that lets say you publish a 3D car game your app on release will not even post in the search results (250 max now) and there will be so many fake picture puzzle games ahead of you that pretend to be 3D car games. Even specific app names like the photo editor Retrica had something like 13,000 reviews before it made it to the top of the search results for “Retrica” lol

Thanks for sharing, @danixp. I’ll have to re-think my strategy, I guess. I had no marketing budget so far, but that’s about to change. :slight_smile:

Your experience really sums up my frustration with the Google Play app store. I’ve been dealing with the same thing recently. I just started publishing new games again after a 1 - 2 year hiatus and it seems so much harder to gain traction in downloads. The fact that some of my new games won’t even show up in search results even if I type the app name word for word is SO frustrating :mad: Like WTF Google, fix your stupid SEARCH engine.