What to do when your app gets suspended??......Here's the solution...

Thanks vadimbolun. Will keep the Ads as minimum as possible, cheating the devs is never an option coz I my self is a developer :D…

To show you guys how the SDK works, here is a demo app screen shot which uses the SDK.
This is the screen that will be popped if the app is suspended.

demo screen.jpg

it’s a nice idea. I use the same system more or less in my apps. You noticed that if you app is suspended, it won’t redirect directly to another app, so you must use a proxy like goo.gl for example. Anyway…

My suggestions are:

1. a web interface for it
  2. remove your banners from it, make it for free, open source. Make a premium version of it with money so you can produce something out of it. Can’t tell what premium features to put in it…but surely there must be some.

Thanks danzaerz for the feedback.

no need to use a proxy cause the app redirects to the new app in the google play app ;).

1. I am not good at web designing :frowning: that’s why I created an Admin app to do that task (I’ll try to create a web app if possible, but it will take time).
  2. There are no banners, there just 1 interstitial that shows 3 times a week.
    I cannot make it open source coz there’s a server involved as well (cannot expose the server keys ;)).
    I am not sure premium model is a good option or not (will be needing more feedback).

Premium features ideas: make something like pushapps that allows for some custom messages and notifications in apps. For free version significantly limit number of messages.

Nice idea. I’m considering to use it.

what are you offering that MoPob doesn’t? MoPub is free and I don’t have to show any interstitial. Im Just curious

India is the shithole, isn’t it buddy ? They try to screw everyone over since they are so dirty and scammy.
On the other hand white residents of first world developed countries are a gift to entire mankind.

They never tried to screw anyone or any country. The present history of England ruining, looting India/Africa
for 200 years and killing millions of Indians in the process is just a fairy tale without any basis.

Right now, NATO is being such a sweet heart trying to bring freedom to places like Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan.
They even have drones to deliver freedom in express mode to dirty 3rd word shit holes.

Your method good but it simple and anyone know about java can do it.
This is my method;

1, Store a json file in drop box, Google site (free) or other free host service. Encrypt it with AES
2, Write java code load the json file when program start (async), only check 1 a day to reduce bandwidth.
3, In Json have some variable:

• IsBan
  • newPackage
    4, Implement a popup activity and only show if isBan = true
    and it have a button link to you newPackage and show message from json file
    5, When your app suspended, edit isBan to choose and set newPackage

what you said is 100% correct, anyone can do the above process.
But you are forgetting the purpose of an SDK, it is used to make development easy and fast.
the above steps you mentioned will take lots of time and testing(registering the app, writing equivalent dropbox code, parsing etc…), therefore the alternate is to use an SDK/lib, that’s why i made this, to speed things up and not let developers worry about banning.
You yourself might have used many libraries in your app for sure(I know I have), you could have developed the code yourself but choosing an SDK/lib was easy, more stable and fast.

you are most welcome to implement your own code if you don’t like this SDK ;D

what if you want to use other ad networks like StartApp or AirPush???

I post it because someone not believe in one-man like you, they only believe in company.
In that case they can code their own. Anyone can code simple android app can do this very fast.
For me it take only 1 hour include testing.

Update: Warn: Your code not security now, plaint username and password (Parse)

It’s possible to use MoPub in conjunction with StartApp and Airpush.

MoPub is actually easier to integrate than your solution and has more fine-grain control.

MoPub is also owned by Twitter, so if you’re wary about relying on one man’s product because of trust reasons or whatever you might take this into consideration.

As I told earlier I have no problem with mopub you can go on and integrate it…but I don’t think mopub integration is easier than my SDK. My SDK needs only 1 line of code to activate, don’t think it’s true for mopub…

Keep in mind that moPub also banned apps (all children targeted apps/games recently). So it is not 100% certain solution. Best solution would be ability to display message from my own domain (for example using webkit view after reading a string informing that it should be displayed) or using mopub and something else (just in case) - like AppBrain parameters etc.

I’ve been using a similar solution I custom created for a few years now. It’s very easy to write up, I don’t understand why you want to clutter it with ads.
@Magnesus don’t you get your gcm key suspended along with the app? How do u send pushes like that?

you can right your own solution, I made this for developers who don’t want to waste their time doing the same…and 3 ads a week is not cluttering I think :wink:

I thought more of a banner or popup in the app itself, not pushes. And the information would be loaded from my own server on my own domain, so it would be safe.
So what I am thinking is:

1. Put file “information.txt” on your server. Put “yes” if banned, “no” if not banned and put url to a site to display to users (for example yes|http://my-private-server/download-new-version.html).
  2. Load that file in the app once a day (for example by reading: http://my-private-server.com/information.txt).
    2a. If it says “no” cache the result for a day and do nothing.
    2b. If it says “yes” display the provided url in a webview, full screen or in a box (with a site providing a clickable button to downloading the new version).

You could probably even use Dropbox instead of your own site for that.

Your solutions is exactly the same as mine actually…

Oops sorry, my question was actually directed at @vadimbolun … Doesn’t google suspend gcm key so u can’t send pushes to suspended app?

@toxic Good question, but I tried it with a few suspended apps and got the push to my device that had tha banned app. I guess they’re somehow separated as it’s with Play Market and Admob.