What is it like to have 5+ million downloads on one app ?

Would rather not say, but in the 10’s of thousands over 1 1/2 years.

The lack of exit ads in the first year really diminished the income. After admob/startapp came out with exit ads, the app now makes almost half as much with 5k downloads per day as it did with 100k per day.

Sorry for stupid question, but what is “DUH”?

DUH = yes :slight_smile:

Such posts motivate to work on a App after coming from office all tired. compromizing my favourite TV show and diging deep in the eclipse.
Outcome is motivating and looking forward to come in 5+ million category.

small doubt?
DUH is a italian word? I have heard it somewhere else as well.

You see its just was a good app that it took off the first 30 days.

congrats man I wish you myself and everyone here a very good luck.

I would believe that. That’s like one of the must do things.

GET YOUR MONETIZATION RIGHT BEFORE LAUNCH, don’t put it off for later, or you risk missing out on BIG money.

No biggie, you live and learn, now you can have a better launch with a new app :slight_smile:

That is exactly what happen to me when i started … I had lots of downloads and active users … but I only knew the banner ads from admob and the fullscreen ads from revmob.

Thank you so much.

Sad part is I’ve put in so so so much work in other apps that went nowhere. And so has everyone else here too I’m sure. Wish I knew what made Google tick.

That’s true. I had an app that I made in couple hours, and it was making 10-20 euros per day after 2 weeks, which was pretty nice as I have spent only 2-3 hours on it.
And I have an app where I’ve put so much work, but makes only ~1 euro per day after 5 months.

you know its exactly what happen to everyone! we spent lots of time developing something that we think its gonna crash all the records for nothing !

23 Million before the app was suspended.

• I ignored all emails because I just couldn’t reply to them. Too many of them (And all ask the same stuff anyway)
  • Also too many error messages start showing up on dev console. Most of them only have crash reports of <7 per week. You eventually start to ignore there as well.
  • Income was up to $7000 a day.
  • still have 9 Million active installs, this is two months after the suspension of the app.
  • Couldn’t even read all the ratings, gave up after I reached 50K.
  • After a year I even went up to a week without checking up on income or the app’s health. Just got bored I guess.

Was the success anticipated? What were you violating to receive the suspension?
Very impressive number there!

Wow man that is a cool number you got there.

Did you know why the app was suspended ?
Do you think it was just a lack of knowledge that got the app suspend or the rapidly google policy changings ?
Can you please share with us what was the app ?
And did you pay advertisement ?

Please share some tips! :slight_smile:

OK now when I started with the start of Google play, it was really easy to get a million downloads but also my experience was not that good so I lost all my million+ apps.I guess now if you have any app with more than 200k you have to take care of it really well and make sure that your not crossing any of Google polices …

I learned that the hard way!

Dang it man, please tell me it’s not the app you discussed in other threads. Glad you went with mopub here to mediate all the traffic.

It was, but i had a backup plan in place, in case my app was suspended. My re released version already has 1.5 Mil installs in half a month.

I did not violate any policies, my suspension reasons were related to my app.
Not a single dollar of advertisement was paid by me :wink:

Somewhat anticipated but had no idea that it would become this big.

Btw inmobi literally begged me to try their advertisement, they called me so many times and so many emails were sent.
I told them they scam developers and suspend their accounts, so i won’t join them. What happened with you is not a new thing in case of Inmobi.
I always Google cases of people discussing suspended accounts before I try any network and if the network is unresponsive like Admob, there is usually something fishy going on. I stay clear of those.

Man this is awesome … I cant wait to have one of my apps with more than 5 million downloads!
You should share some knowledge with us !