Tizen and Android... Less money?

Are your apps on opera ? Nokia automatically copied my apps from opera and added them for Nokia x. Tho I used to develop symbian apps and still had an account at nokia.

No, no apps on Opera Store, so it’s still a mystery. :slight_smile: But my apps are in various different stores, they must have taken them from there. But now I can’t update them and their support is not responding (well, they responded once but the response was not on topic). :expressionless:

PS. It seems I am not the only one with this problem: http://developer.nokia.com/community/discussion/showthread.php/245449-My-game-packaage-name-already-exists. In another thread they acknowledge that they know about the issue and are working to resolve it. :slight_smile:

I’ve tested Nokia x emulator, all my apps seems to work fine and also admob, I noticed admob showed ads such as clash of titans and other games linking to play store. I’m too afraid to click and see what happens but I assume it opens play.google.com in a web browser… which isn’t very good for advertisers.

How have admob solved this for Kindle ? Cause admob clearly allow their sdk to be used in kindle apps on amazon.

appnext wont pay you anything coz as jonathan mentioned all their ads would lead to google play which isnt available on nokia x platform which means no one would install those apps they are promoting. No money for them is no more for you.

The only way to make Nokia X profitable is to use a CPM based network or exchange or try selling your apps.

Kindle isnt a small market, there are big guys promoting kindle games or ebooks on that platform. Secondly, amazon is one huge advertiser themselves who are always promoting their own amazon products via ads. Amazon ads is doing the exact same thing.

Well that wasn’t my question at all… let’s say I create a app with admob advertising, I upload the app to amazon store, somebody with a kindle downloads my apps and clicks an ad that links to play.google.com, what will happen ?

Btw you can’t sell apps for Nokia x, they must be free but you can use IAP, don’t ask why.

I believe you have no experience on advertising part. Let me explain to you. When you create an ad for a game/app, you need to select targeting. Advertiser would exclude kindle since on kindle there is no google play. On kindle, you wont see any ads going to play store, instead there will be advertisers speciailly bidding for traffic on kindle to sell their kindle games or ebooks or some amazon products.

I hope you understood the mechanics.

Yes, thanks for clearing that up. So for the nokia x devices discussed earlier, it’s really up to the advertiser to exclude those devices.

For your questions: “how can you monetize if all our ads lead to Google Play, when the Nokia X doesn’t support Google play?”, I think at that time, it is the mobile ad network’s responsibility to get more offer campaigns ads lead to market from Nokia X’s platform.
Hello Jonathan, this is Turmin from Mobvista, nice to e-meet you guys here. :slight_smile:

When I released my game on Blackberry - converted, so it used Android adMob SDK at first there was no ads, now there are some. Unfortunately I used the same adMob code so am not sure how much I get from that lone app. :slight_smile:

Hi Turmin, glad to see you guys here. Nice to e-meet as well :slight_smile:

Btw, you are right - it’s our responsibility. I’m sure if Tizen takes off and gets a decent amount of users, advertisers will be willing to buy their users.
Maybe even before that.