The app has been removed from Google Play

I never noticed before, but honestly looks like a Privacy Policy is required if using Google Analytics (and I guess any other kind of Ads Networks that collect personal data from users)

You must post a Privacy Policy and that Privacy Policy must provide notice of Your use of cookies that are used to collect data. You must disclose the use of Google Analytics, and how it collects and processes data.
[Google Analytics Terms Of Service](http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html)

every ad network should implement this eula automatically without us as a dev to meddle with it manually. did mobilecore not include eula in their sdk? i actually use old mc sdk, kind of strange this occur to you, perhaps soon almost all app will be reject or suspend due to no eula like this?

Almost all networks need to know which app is already installed on your phone so that they can show ads of apps or games which are not already installed! But if Google creates a new policy as mentioned above, Devs need to waste their time more and more!

Anyway, we should ask mC and Appbrain for clarifications!

Did OP add the mobilecore/app brain privacy policy link in the privacy policy field in the store listing ?
or did you leave it blank ?

it is strange only you and 1 other dev get this removal, cause as far as we know a lot of dev use mobilecore/appbrain too

Guys is it safe to use MobileCore ? I have asked mobilecore account manager pointing this thread.Will update the response soon.

After all. I don’t guess so.

2 days ago I resubmitted the app and it is still not published. Moreover, I knew today from one friend of mine (he had the app installed on his device) that Google sends a notification message to all active users of my app and asks to delete it because it is a tracking app. No idea whats’s happening, why they do it :confused: This is illogical. If they gave a chance to resubmit the app, why they force active users to remove it… After update, all users would get a newer version of the app with privacy policy.

Were you using standard MobileCore SDK or the newer DiscoverMC?

Actually I am that friend. Today I got a system pop-up message like this:

Immediately Uninstall

*** (name of the app)
It is tracking you (something like this, don’t remember)

KEEP ANYWAY /// OK

I pressed OK and the app was removed immediately, even without uninstall menu, it was deleted in the background

Fortunately, Google Play approved and published my app after 48 hours:cool:

Standart MobileCore SDK.

What did you modify? Just added the Privacy Policy link in Google Play? or you did something to the App too?
Thanks for your report :slight_smile:

Hi,
Got response from mobilecore and here it is.

Dear Sir,

We note that you stated that the reason for removal was: collecting app install data from users’ devices without their knowledge and informed consent.

Please note that this description would not apply to out platform, as we inform users’ of data collection in accordance with Google Play’s policies and industry standards. For example, we disclose to end users the information we collect about them (including the installed apps) through the ironSource icon displayed on our ad units. Accordingly, it is unlikely that Google’s actions have anything to do with our network.

Although we cannot provide you with legal advice, it is very important that you carefully read the privacy policies of services and platforms with which you engage and consult with professionals about how to make the required disclosures to your end users.

Please do not hesitate to contact us with any further questions.

I just added EULA. Please take a look at the attached Screenshot by Lightshot

Screenshot_2015-07-28-09-14-40.jpg

Ah, so you didn’t add a Privacy Policy files too in the Google Play listing?
And it sounds quite harsh to lose users who not agree with terms. I really hope a Privacy Policy in Google Play will be enough…

Why do we need to add EULA?