Sudden HUGE drop in daily downloads?

Well, I have go an idea why don’t you start promoting your application over the forums I am sure there are handful of them available which allows showcasing of application like

I am sure they are good enough to help you get back the number or downloads you were searching for !!

I already did that actually, but thanks for the suggestion anyway :smiley:

Another really weird thing that is happening is with the Opera AppStore statistics…according to their stars my app got nearly 3k downloads in the last 3-4 days…yet i have hardly seen anyone using it through google analytics (i gave it a different version number to have a better idea of how many people are using it daily from the different stores)…i find it really weird that 3k people downloaded an apk and then didn’t even install it or try it at least once…

Has anyone any experience with Opera store? it seems to me that they are cheating on the download numbers for some unknown reason…

I published apps on opera got 400 installs on my opera app stats but only 20 requests only on my parse analytics

I am having exactly the same…expect with much bigger numbers (1000 downloads a day according to them…and around 40-50 new players according to analytics and admob stats).

I really don’t get why they do so…ok, they want to try to promote their store…but faking the number of downloads by a 3-fold factor is definitely too much! I will never be able to trust anything i see on their store and/or in their statistics since they are clearly cheating on both the users and the developers…it is really sad.

there a lot of sites around which just download apks to re-publish them elsewhere … that may also be a reason for high downloads without any actual players. Just do a google search for your game und you may find hundreds of sites offering it :slight_smile:

…and who cares about numbers. So they say you get 1000 downloads. In real you get 50 new players. WHO CARES! you got 50 new players you would not have got instead

Well, never tried the opera store but I would say in think case try talking with the opera officials because having more than 3K apk downloads but none of the installs the application does seems a bit more weird to me !! :frowning:

i agree that i enjoy having more players thanks to that store…my issue with them is that, by showing those fake numbers (and according to other people they basically do that to nearly anyone…check some apps on their store, they all have huge download numbers…), i can’t really know if there is something weird going on with my app so that i am losing a lot of theoretical players which, for any reason, don’t appear neither on analytics nor admob (and it that was the case i should definitely be worried about it since i would be losing tons of customers) or if they are simply boosting the numbers to make their store look better (and in that case i could not care at all about the differencies).

i am not around 6k downloads and 200ish player…the trend remains the same…a ratio of 20-30/1 downloads/real players…but it seems it is “normal” for opera store…any app i checked and compared between opera and googlestore, has basically more download on opera (even if that store is widely less used as we all know –> a ton of fake downloads for everyone)

OMG that’s such a cute, fun, and unique apps XD
that’s t-rex dance is really cute XD
no wonder you get that many download, it’s a fun app

Well, I think they might be doing this just show off the developers that their application stores give more attention to the developers. :stuck_out_tongue: