Samsung apps is rejecting Startapp because they say it contains push ads.

I have the same problem as well. Users start complaining about Startapp and my apps getting lot of negative reviews. I removed it in my popular apps and using Admob Interstitial instead. Of course, the earnings can’t compare with StartApp full integration. Using StartApp can make 2x more money but too bad it is quite an aggressive ads.

My experience is that Admob interstitials pays off 75% better than Startapp. I was very dissapointed with the payout that I got from Startapp full integration. They generated as much bad reviews as Leadbolt push ads, but only generated 30% of the revenue that Leadbolt did.

I think you can get real good revenue from Admob interstitials if you implement them in a smart way and put them in the right place in your apps. It is often good to show them after the exit, when the user closes the app. It is also good to show them when the user goes back from a section in the app to the menu.

I get more on StartApp because their full integration ads earning is based on total daily install. One of my app rank top for a keyword. So, can get 2x more compare with appbrain or admob interstitial. For the new Admob Interstitial, I show them when user click back button. May be I could implement in home button as well? But I can’t find the sample working source code for home button when app close.

I successfully pass certification after updating apps with last Admob SDK and removing on-exit Ad.

Samsung Customer Service about StartApp:

Question(20 Dec 2013):

Hi,

I would like to ask you why StartApp ad network is prohibited, when
not provides push notifications? All my ads are “in-app” and fully compliant with your policy. (I use only banner and interstitial ads)

I received this report:

****.apk : According to Samsung Apps guideline, any type of advertisement which is supported by push notification couldn’t service in Samsung Apps. Please modify below applications and revise it through Seller Office. [starapp] Meta-data: com.startapp.android.DEV_ID Meta-data: com.startapp.android.APP_ID

Answer(20 Dec 2013):

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

We’d kindly like to inform you about the following information regarding Air Push:

• Recently, Air Push SDK 5.0 was updated and In-App Banners type is added. Thus, we support In-App Banners type. However we do not support Push Notification Ads, Icon Ads, Smart Wall types which are type of Air Push SDK 5.0.

• If you want to confirm regarding Air Push types which you used, please resubmit the inquiry with the content ID of the application.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

For more information about using Seller Office, you can also check out Frequently Asked Questions and Seller Office guide which can be found in Seller Office as below.

• FAQ:

① Seller Office > [Support] > Click [Samsung Apps Mobile] > [FAQ]

② Seller Office > [Assistance] > [FAQ]

• Guide: Seller Office > Click [Guide] on right upper side > Select [Guide] which you want to download.

Thank you for using our services. Your satisfaction is very important to us.

Kind regards,

Customer Service Center