Releasing apps - very long delay?

Are you checking your app (or package name) on your mobile phone ?

Or in your PC web browser ?

Try searching for app on your desktop/laptop web browser - because if you do searches etc. on Google Play on your mobile phone, it may not have the latest info (i.e. it caches results etc.).

It seems to get an up to day response - you need to restart your phone before Google Play (on an android device) will start showing “new” results.

i have the exact same problem.

2 days ago i uploaded an app. after 3-4 hours it appears on the google play web. later it was disappeared. im getting not found page when i try to access the app’s page. initially i thought the app was banned but when i check my GP account it’s was there. but 0 downloads and still getting notfound page :frowning:

I have the same problem. I unpublished it now as I scare it affects my account. Anyone has any idea?

I published today one app, and it takes more time than usual, but finally I can find it in the desktop/mobile google play store.

you’re finding the app under popular search terms? I pushed up a wallpaper app few days ago, I can see the app in the store, under dev name, but under no search containing “wallpapers” in the title.

This might help:

“Google is designing a new system that could help keep pirated apps out of Google Play. By scanning each app as it is submitted and comparing its assets against those used in other apps, the search giant could detect illegal clones before they make their way into users’ hands.”

“When a developer uploads an app to Google, a system would compare all of its assets — including its audio and image files, executable code, and data files — with those already known to Google (i.e., those already uploaded to Google Play). If a certain number of those assets match those used in other apps, then it’s automatically flagged for manual review.”

More here …Cult of Android - Google Hatches Plan To Keep Cloned Apps Out Of Play Store [Patent] | Cult of Android

hmm… good read. I think this is a good thing. This is shake the tree and get rid of those really lazy publishers that just get the code and rename and push up. I guess its like in school, when you cheated from the person next to you and even wrote their name. LOL

Lets see how this works out. I still would like them to use the method of Amazon and approve before you get the oK.

My app does not come up after 4 days… And in dev console everything look good… WTF?

Did you get any email from GP Bullies?

F**k what are they messing? I got email about app suspended which was sth like: “don’t pretend to be someone else, don’t use misleading context… blablabla” - usual text with about 20 possibilities of banning - pick one. The app was lockscreen created by me, not published earlier… WTF? They mess sth really bad

I can find it under the exact app title and of course dev name. I think it all depends on downloads. Apps with more download goes up in searches.

Yea, I think this is true. So they went from a place to put your app to get downloads from day 1, to a play to post your app, and if it starts to move well, then they will put you in the top searches. Looks like top 250 app worldwide per kw. Some words appear out of reach, because it has too many apps already there. Not sure how they will deal with all the grandfathered ones.

Just as I suspected, they’re bunch of ****ing assholes

60 hours from published and still, no listing, no notification, no email, no nothing. Everything looks normal except my app is not listed in the store. Last night I published another app and it was visible in 1 hour. I don’t know if it has to do with keywords, apk size, category or what. At this point I don’t know what else to think

20 possibilities of banning - pick one

This is the way google works. Seems like it is gonna be a problem now. If it doesn’t pass their AI robot, it will take one week for them to review - and they will find something to suspend it :frowning:

Exactly… What is more strange - I upload the same app with the same title, icon and everything (just new package name) and it published without any problem… The only thing I changed - I didn’t translate description to other languages than English… :open_mouth: I don’t know what are they doing, but it can be very problematic for devs…

on late February I uploaded two same apps - one is free, one is paid. The only difference was that the free version had ads, and in the icon of free app there was a red line with the word “Free” as in many apps.

paid app was suspended (copyright thing) couple weeks later, but the free one is still alive. And I still don’t know what was the reason for them to suspend. Like @mmmkkksss said, 20 possibilities of banning - pick one.

Google has secured a patent to help keep pirated applications off its Google Play store. By performing analysis on apps submitted by users, the company hopes to discover whether they contain significant sections of other apps’ code while at the same time filtering out open source and free license-related false positives.
Regular users of the Google Play store will be aware that apps sometimes appear which are very similar to already established apps. These clones are often designed to take advantage of successful apps’ popularity by ripping off their code in order to generate advertising revenue. …

Google-Bastard again showed all his filth and greed. They have the task to squeeze the market to a few dozen corporations stay on market. And it is not allowed to develop private developers.
Android not open source anymore. The main distribution channel and market growth for that was due to private developers are currently will closed. According to the rules of Google, we are all guilty. Any rules break than they would lead you 100 reasons choose what you want. And blame you for life. Even prisoners in jail more rights!