Pollfish - A new innovative way to monetize your apps! Forget about ads!

@andreasv

So just to clarify, are you saying that the surveys are essentially cached and waiting to be served? I will use an example - The user is on the train and there is no wifi or phone signal. They start up our game (which can be played offline) and while playing, they see an offer for 400gems if they answer the survey by pollfish. There is no internet connection, but they click on the survey, go through the questions and then at the end they claim their reward.

Where did the survey come from, when was it cached onto the phone? How many surveys can be cached at once - can the user do this reward task again and again with a different surveys? When they regain an internet signal, your SDK has stored how many surveys were completed and then returns that information back to you and we get the corresponding amount of money?

@Rincewind

Let me explain it more.

When a user opens a Pollfish enabled app he receives a survey (only one survey at a time). Before answering it he goes offline, let’s say in the metro with no signal. While in metro he decides to take the survey. There is still no connection. He will complete the survey and all his responses will be stored locally and send back to server when he opens the app again and goes online! In order to receive a new survey the already answered survey must be reported to the server. So it’s one survey at a time.

In your game you should look for this listener:

@Override
public void onPollfishSurveyReceived() {

Log.d("Pollfish", "Survey Received");

}

whithin this listener you can know that a survey is there and then prompt user to answer in exchange for coins. When he decides to take it and complete it you can reward him. You should not though assume that 24h/7 days a survey will be available and you should look for this listener!

Hope it helped you understand better :slight_smile:

I have been toying around with Pollfish’s SDK for a couple of weeks & trying to fully exploit them through an incentivized revenue model. Seems that they are well suited with my edu.based apps & having a big potential to be an alternative source of ad revenue.

Somehow rather, lack of survey inventory for 2nd tier countries has distracted the revenues from growing to the fullest. Here are the things I have done to counteract low inventory issue:

1. ALTERNATE WITH VIDEO AD

@Override
public void onPollfishSurveyNotAvailable() {

Log.d(“Pollfish”, “Survey not available!”);

---->AdColony.Show( );

}

1. TEMPORARILY UNLOCK PREMIUM CONTENT UNTIL SURVEY COMPLETED

if(PollFish_Activity.SurveyCompleted)
      {

editor.putString(NOTE_PREFS,"key_SELAWAT_2.0"); // TO FULLY  UNLOCK THE CONTENT UNTIL THE APP IS UPDATED WITH A NEWER VERSION.
      }

else
      {          

editor.putString(NOTE_PREFS,"no_key_SELAWAT_2.0"); //TO TEMPORARILY UNLOCK THE CONTENT UNTIL NEXT APP LAUNCH

}
      editor.commit();

2. Having a discussion with them to penetrate local market either by guiding them to the right biz.partners or acting as one of their agents here.

Hey @WNASH. Thank you for your message. The implementations you suggested are perfect for Pollfish case and can maximize revenue for our developers that use us as a supplementary source of revenue along with other networks to boost their revenue.

Note here that we work around the clock to increase our inventory in all areas :slight_smile:

Hi, a quick question - when did you guys introduce this SDK? I love the idea by the way!

And, as a few users before, I’m still wondering about your inventory since it seems highly unlikely that someone could make good money with the SDK when actually each and every questionnaire targets very specific audience. What additionally narrows it down is the conversion funnel of how many of those users do fill in the form. Does anyone have any experience with the SDK so far?

Hello @VeronicaC, thank you for your message.

Pollfish is live since January 2013 and has gone our of beta on the 1st of April 2014 as announced in Venturebeat here.

We have both local and global surveys running through the platform every day. Some demographic areas though are highly more likely to receive more local surveys according to trends observed so far. Without incentivization by the developer completion rates vary between 1-3% according to context of the app and developer’s integration. With incentivization by the developer completion rates can reach up to 30%. We are working on our inventory to keep our partner developers happy. Have in mind that Pollfish is also a DIY survey tool that people come and go every day in an ad hoc non predictable way.

If you have more questions, please let me know!

Thanks for your response @andreasv this cleared it up a bit. As I said, I really like your product and since I’m actually carrying out a research on different app monetization SDKs, I’m thinking to use Pollfish as one of the more interesting examples in our forthcoming eBook. If that’s alright with you.

Hey @VeronicaC thank you for your message. Of course it is all right. If you need anything just let me know.

do you have server to server api?

Hello @CGAK, do you mean for tracking revenue from your panel?

Server-to-server meaning “ad” server-to-server api. So that I don’t require to add your SDK, rather just communicate through our servers

Hello @CGAK, no we do not support that functionality. Pollfish model works with integration with the SDK within the mobile apps.

Hey everyone,

After several requests from our partner app developers, now Pollfish dashboard is fully accessible from your mobile devices, so you can check your revenue, app performance and internal surveys results in an easy and mobile friendly way!

We are constantly looking for feedback and suggestions. We try hard to create a tool that will best fit your needs and make a difference in the current monetization landscape :slight_smile: