New AIRPUSH SDK

that 2 new permissions are bullshit… how we are going to explain why we need those permissions? Why would appWall not work when there is no Accounts and BookMark history? When the all other appWalls works with simple internet and deviceId permission. After spliting the sdk I was thinking of implementing appWall, seems again will not do it. Bullshit

the old sdk is using GET ACCOUNT too, and i never used it, but it works.
so why it don’t work now? -__-"

Because in the old SDK that was optional permission.

so anyone used it??
how is the user review about this?

or should we stick to old sdk?

I can continue using the old sdk?

There are a deadline for the change?

Regards!

I have used Get Accounts in the old SDK, and had very BAD reviews just for that.
Phil, or someone from Airpush, if you don’t put this as optional, developers want include appWalls in their apps.

The in-app sdk 6.0(appwall+banner) needs no extra permissions…only INTERNET,ACCESS_PHONE_STATE AND ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE…

woah… scarry…

hmmm… so that GET ACCOUNT is mainly for push notification?

I have chat with Airpush support, they are very honestly, they have change the new SDK, now two sensitive permission are optional.

You can re download the new SDK and test it now.

WOW cool!
okay, thanks for info :smiley:

i only need to trash GET ACCOUNT permission :smiley:

i think it safe to use
<uses-permission android:name=“com.android.browser.permission.READ_ HISTORY_BOOKMARKS” />

because i already used this permission long time ago :3

Has anyone had any success with the new SDK? I’m getting nothing. No adds coming through.

I tried the in-app sdk…banners and smartwalls are showing fine…

I tried smartwall from in-app and push&icons from out-of-app and they works.

I plan to stay with the old sdk and not upgrade to the new one, does anybody know if this is ok? I mean, will earnings be affected or ads not served? I really don’t want to update to the new sdk.

Thank you for the replies.
As far as the old sdk goes - i cannot see any reason for them to not allow it to be used.

It is a very interesting point…I do agree w/ you…

Hi Guys,

We are now offering our SDK 6.0 with optional permission for get_accounts & read_bookmarks. Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,

I am trying the banner of the new SDK in one app but it is really hard to evalute it as dashboard is down for so long time… I’ll have to go back to AdMob…

hi can anybody answer this – in implementing the new sdk is it okay if I don’t implement or put the coding for AdCallbackListener, MRAID Ad Callback Listener, Opt-in Dialog Callback Listener and and MRAID 2.0 and Banners? I just want to use smartwall and push notifications, so will this work without any problems?

Smartwall are not working properly , with the new sdk or the old sdk.