"New Admob" Discussion Thread

:slight_smile: It was typo but I am from Balkan so “broken english” is somewhat expected.

Has anyone understood how legacy earnings under the payment threshold will be handled? I just upgraded to the new Admob and had up to now earned about 5 Dollar in the old Admob. The help just says that the earnings in the old account will be handled as before, but given my earning is below the threshhold, does that mean that at the end of the months the earnings will be rolled over into the new account, or will they be kept rolling over in the old account forever? The later will mean I basically lost those 5 Dollar, that would be quite mean, but I cannot find any information promising otherwise…

Unfortunately I believe those earnings will be held up in the old Admob. Obviously 5 dollars isn’t much, but it is YOUR 5 dollars that you rightfully earned.

If I were you I would get in contact with their support explaining the situation and see if they can transfer the balance over to the new Admob. I’m sure that there are many other developers in your situation!

And if not: just make an ad for e.g. large-layout in the next update of your app, that you declare in the old admob, and wait untile the treshold is reached

So, if I do the update, I still need to update all my apps with the new ad unit IDs from the “new” AdMob interface, right? In other words, it will import all the ad units, but their IDs will change? So, since not everyone will upgrade to the new app version, revenue will accumulate in the old and new AdMob, both with separate payment schedules? Sounds like a big mess to me.

Noooo, no (no double negative xD) need to update, google will not do this mistake again. If you click import, all your untis will be transfered to the new admob, but you can still add ad units to the old interface that will still run there.

Ah, thanks! I just took the plunge and upgraded. How long did it take you to see impressions and revenue?

It took a few hours for me.

Your apps will appear in a few minutes, and your revenue will start counting after 3-4 hours. Maybe this got faster now.

You can take a look here:
http://support.google.com/admob/v2/answer/3098569

A note about my last link: only in the English version of the guide you can find this message (I didn’t see it):

This refund request is for advertisers only. If you’re inquiring about earnings from your legacy AdMob account, they’ll be paid as normal through the regular payment cycle. New earnings will accrue in the new system and will be paid out via the payment method specified in the new interface.

English link
https://support.google.com/admob/v2/answer/3098569?hl=en

Yes, that is the note I saw. I am not an advertiser, which means my money will go through the “regular payment question”, the only question is whether rolling over into the next months balance will mean it rolls into the new account, or keeps rolling over in the old account. That is not clear from that help page.

Who cares? It’s sure you will get your money ^^

What I noticed in the last days, admob now begins the “new” day in the british morning, not at the end of the night within GMT

I was really liking the new admob but today my ads randomly shut off in one of my apps and I needed to replace the legacy id with the new one and push an update. I recommend you do the same I was lucky to catch it when I did. It still cost me around $100 tho

I thought it wasn’t updating!! yesterday nothing! i am gonna upload with changed id.

Was it your most profitable app? mine was

That would be a disaster, some people use old versions for months. :confused:

yep it was my big app. still losing money cause people arent updating

I’m not sure what you guys are on about…
I haven’t “updated ids” and everything’s working normally.

My fill-rate dropped to 0% some time yesterday. For about one day the new Admob still filled my app with ads without me changing anything, but now it seem to have just stopped serving my app. I still see that their are a few requests, but 0% fill-rate.

If you are worried about bad things happening never be the first to move to an “upgraded” system. There are always bugs and shit never works perfectly in the first days and weeks. Everyone here that has been a developer for more than a few months should know this.

I would love to use the new ad types admob is letting everyone use. I have 2 apps that i am holding off releasing specifically for that reason. But i am not about to move over to an “upgraded” system and spin the wheel to see what type of bullshit happens.

So bottom line if you have any qualms about upgrading or are worried about losing revenue then DONT UPGRADE! :slight_smile: