My story thus far (3 apps, 1 dollar earned) - What should I do?

I do all of the above (but not necessarily in a single update) - for example, in one update I might add new levels/features/ add translated descriptions, in another just the icon, etc. I do not know the best practice for this, but doing “stuff” seems to be good. However, the fact that there is an update (which people think google likes) is only a side-benefit for the actual benefits the update will bring - a better icon/more translations will bring in more traffic, more levels/features will keep users longer, etc

P.S. Interesting how this thread transformed - a few months ago I posted here because I earned just 1 dollar, now that I make around 150-170$ people now ask my advice. I’m still learning, and I’d like to learn from people who make thousands per month/have hundreds of thousands of users.

hahaha nice story bro, i really like ur hamster game

Thanks! :slight_smile: Speaking of which, I try to spend as little time as possible on new games, so thus far all of my games are similar runner games, and each new game is basically a “mod” of the previous one. Laziness is good. Laziness = conservation of energy. As long as the games are different.

Nice story of you! You should also try different ad networks

Wohoo! last month earnings rose to $227.35 using admob - each day I get maybe 5-10$

Tell your marketing methods :]

Hi!

I saw you are using Unity to develop games. Would you share how you “try to spend as little time as possible on new games”? Do you try to find projects/game templates in order to not start making a game from scratch? Or, as you have said, is your main way of saving time using your projects earlier as a base, and making similar games?

I’m working on my ~3rd project in Unity - it’s a simple “rocket shooting” game with basic graphics, but it’s been month now and it’s far from being finished…
I cannot think of simpler game concept to finish - that would have to be just a cube for tapping, or something like that without any logic…

Thanks.

Hi! Please read my earlier posts in this thread- I’ve outlined everything

Yes, currently I make a single game myself and then modify/reskin it (using codes would also work, but I find it more comfortable to just make everything myself, especially for smaller projects) - regarding “choosing” a game to make - make sure there aren’t 1000 similar games out there

Have you tried to somehow advertise them? Like facebook/twitter etc? If I can judge from the ratings you have so far you do a good job so just try to empower your audience!

Very nice to see how you have progressed over the years bro !
I am 18 and released my first app, I made 0.01 till now :stuck_out_tongue:
I know i’m not supposed to earn a lot from 1 app alone but does anyone know how to get exposure and more downloads for my app for free or low cost?
thanks!

Nice improvement. How much is the October’s earning?

Great story ! How much impressions do you have currently per day?

Games are so hit and miss if you don’t market them…

How is revenue for you now?

Hey there mate! First of all, congrats on your progress. Indeed very cool! I read your whole thread and I’m sure you’re pumped.

What it was not clear for me is your marketing strategy to get your poney game to have more than 100k download. Have you done anything special? Did you buy downloads?

Or the poney market is inherently a market that is allowing you to get lots of downloads?

Thanks!

Hello,

Really nice to see your monthly income increase.

I have not even maybe the 70€ at admob to get my first income. I had few days when my income was 1.5-2€ but usually it is 0€. I have 5 games at google play store and my total downloads are 127 :frowning: I published my first app last month.

I have an account on smoothreviews and apprievewdesk, but I get maybe 1-2 reviews daily and sometimes 0. I did few google translates for my two games (russian, japan, french and vietnamese) and i advertise at instagram and twitter. I think my games aren’t that bad, but they need polishing. I still like to play few of my games and I think they deserve more downloads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-MYvIJ1r-s Simple apps that made millions. I don’t expect millions, but I would like to earn something.

I hope to see more of your progress. Cheers!

ps. WOW! Your “My Little Unicorn Dash 3D HD” have 100k-500k downloads :open_mouth:

yeah, we are all struggling to get more downloads. It’s very hard. Really hard.
Consider writing a Press Release and send to review websites - assuming your game is good and well polished. Otherwise don’t bother.
Even well made and polished games are not getting enough visibility these days. It’s a very sad fact.

Have you consider doing Incentivized CPI campaigns? Basically you pay a company to get people to download your game in a very short period. That makes your app get better ranking and with better ranking comes better visibility.
Here’s my affiliate link for App2Top in case you’re curious. I’ve posted a topic on this last week showing how well my game got ranked: App2Top - promote android games and apps, rating, reviews, installs, downloads

I have thought about doing Incentivized CPI campaigns. I have an account for ayeT-Studios. I should try it out. I was just wondering how i can use my 50 free points i got for my account.

My games aren’t top quality, but in my opinion they are worth at least 3-4 star ratings. I’m getting better at doing art work ( menu buttons, backgrounds etc.) and games.

I would suggest not using Ayet… I used them this week and never again. They do deliver the install, their dashboard is gorgeous…but… theyr fecking users leave stupid reviews - things like “I use CashPirate to make money! Add me on my referral code XXXXX and make money you too”
Some sh*t like that… very stupid. Now I have around 15 reviews in my game of that sort… completely destroying it.