My game periodically looses keyword ranking on Google Play

What kind of potential are you talking about??
I am getting 10k downloads a day too

Are you gusy bluffing or bsing??? I am about to cry of jealousy! I am getting 5 downloads a day on amazon and 1 a week on the play store! that is ridiculous!
I’ve been trying ASO it is working a bit and some reviews “review exchanges”

I need some feedback urgent!! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.buscaoficio.tacotruckspanish please :smiley: :smiley:

10k a day? Wow

Thats pretty good…Im doing between 20K-30K per day…had another game that was getting 2x that till it was removed from app store.Untitled.jpg

That’s really impressive to keep such an amount with a game. What kind of genre do you make? Since your other game was banned a Mario clone came to mind at first.

I’m just wondering for you guys that have been getting 10k or more installs per day, has it resulted in some good money?

They have stats to back it up, but there apps are games.

Your app looks well done, maybe you can find a publisher that can help you? I really don’t know.

Not really. In 99 out of 100 cases you hear about apps or games that generate tons of organic downloads the income is low. Simply because they are fun and not cash cows. The big money sleeps in games no one really wants. Games that need to buy tons of downloads at high bids to get anywhere.

Thanks…The app that was banned wasn’t a game actually, it was an app. I don’t have a Mario clone but that is the next game style Im going to make. Just have to make it different than the others.

Not sure if I understand what you mean by saying " games no one really wants". Can you expand on that more? You’re saying bad games will make more money than fun games?

He means “pay to win” type of games. The games with in app purchases of consumable items, where people can spend unlimited amount of money inside the app. Think Clash of Clans or Rage of Bahamut.
Most viral apps that get 10k+ dl / day are “fun apps” with low engagement, think fake iphone or fart apps or live wallpapers. And due to the mentioned low engagement, they don’t earn that much - the average user launches it few times for ~1 min, sees 1 - 10 ads lifetime and uninstalls. Then, the average revenue per install is like <$0,01, so 10k downloads daily gives like $100. Good, high engagement apps get ~$0,05 (think Tap the Box). The games like Clash of Clans make probably more than $1 per user LTV on average.

This is quite interesting stuff I’m reading here. I also figured most downloads must be coming from similar apps and not from actual searches, since there are only 250 apps shown per search, and realistically speaking, most people don’t check past the first 10. Bronsoner’s advice on the other thread made me realize that ASO in the long description has a much bigger role in app promotion than I thought.

I think I’m going to do some extensive research and see how similar apps get paired up. Then do some research and find some popular app that didn’t get cloned yet and make a game similar to it but with a twist and fine tune the title, description and reviews to pair my app with theirs.

This seems a bit contradictory. How come people will actually spend money, the last step of the app funnel, in something that he does not want? I believe cash cows are actually the best games, so good that they could keep the players entertained for hours and then ask them for money, repeatedly. They bid at high prices because they are able to get their money back.

I believe when you say “fun” games you actually mean disposable games, ones you can have fun for 5-15 mins and then forget about them. Those wont monetize well because you don´t have many instances to show ads to the players, less to ask them for their money

Wow, thanks for the mention, but Tap the Box is neither a high engagement app, nor gives $0.10 (a bit less than $0.04 actually). I am wondering as i write, did you really mean Tap the Box? hehe

Yeah, I actually played the game and enjoyed it. I think its well done. Hmm, I was sure it did $0,10 / user… Too bad it doesn’t. On this forum there is a lot of income reports from low engagement apps with very short user sessions that generate ~$0,01. Tap the box definitely does not belong with them, its well designed and quite rich in content. Well, I guess I’ll change my post cause its misleading about your app, and probably its quite hard to get $0,10 per user even with a good app, I’ll halve my statement. You quoted my original post so I guess its fine. The part about “fun apps” and the big players stays, I think its quite accurate. By the way, did you see that Liam Neeson advertises Clash of Clans?

That’s pretty easy to explain. They are forcing those players to like it with massive advertising. Try to release a clash of clans like game and don’t buy downloads. You will see how you only get 1000-5000 total downloads. Most people think: “oh, great. Another game that looks like it wants my money.” Another reason is that press sites don’t care about cash cows, if they aren’t already extremely popular. You actually don’t get anyone to help you with such a game, because most people in the press and let’s players on youtube are disgusted by these games.
CPI bidding is kinda scary, because you have the guarantee to let your game seen by almost every mobile user in the world. Out of so many people there are always some who like it.

It’s pretty clear to me that you get downloads easier with a game people want. Those games are the exact same you mentioned. Innovative, fun games, based on brain/dextery to win instead of spending money to win. Those ones you often see on press sites, fun for a few minutes at the bus station or while taking a poop.

Making a high grossing game is really difficult nowadays. Too much competition. You are competing against companies with huge staffs and valuations