mobileCore SDK 0.9 is now live (Google-compliant)

Hey man - First, thank you so much for the thorough feedback, we need it. Now let’s start:

1. After the first time, the offerwall will keep refreshing with the latest offers, so you can show it as much as you want. In 0.9 it even refreshes faster than before.

2. The animation is there for a reason, even though we’re pre-loading the offers, the rendering time in some devices (mostly the old ones) still takes time, so this nice animation help engaging them. Anyway, again, it’s just for the rendering time.

3. It’s just left overs of the old agreement. Don’t worry, you won’t see any agreement (good alertness though).

4. We actually do have this option when using “forceShow = true” and the callback response will allow you decide what to do when we can’t show offerwall. Though you should use the OfferWall listener to know when we are ready.

The first 4 questions have been answered in the last reply, regarding the 5th, it’s in the road map, and will be executed soon - it’s a server side, so you can go on with the integration for now.

If it occurs again - please let me know, we might have a bug there.
Add me on Skype: liorshkoori

To solve this, we might just give you a “Ready” for each new fetch of offers. This will be added to the 0.9.1

Thanks again for the very relevant feedback, it’s priceless.

@mobileCore thanks for the responses!

To sum it up:

• The freeze problem I couldnt reproduce anymore. In fact I couldnt reproduce that 2nd screen (that is shown when it for some reason fails to go to the clicked app), so it might be bugged. I forgot to add that when I pressed the BACK button it behaved correctly and closed the ad and returned to my game.

• Regarding having a “ready” for each new fetch of offers, its a good idea, but it will only be useful if the developer knows when the status is “not ready”. This can be achieved by either having a “not ready” method on the callback, or by telling the developer on the docs when it becomes “not ready” (such as “Every time you call ‘showOfferWall’ the status becomes ‘not ready’ and a new fetch is automatically made, and will either be ‘ready’ in 15 seconds, or it will timeout and a new fetch will be made”).

Best

Do you plan on making a banner type ad? That would be really good. And btw I cant view your website on my phone (Galaxy S3 gt-i9300)

yes. pls. bring banners and interstitial with a special touch of “mobilecore”

mobileCore I see that you have 16k fans on FB, it’s huge number (airpush has 1k). I’m curious if you have a lot of developers or it is effect of FB campaign. Please share the number of developers if you can and tell if you are prepared to growth (I’m aware that too fast grow in number of developers may result in much lower ecpm and fill rate in following weeks).

I’m testing the SDK, and have a question regarding the slider:

My app uses the Holo theme (the dark one), and when the slider is implemented forces the use of a bright theme. (not sure if it’s Holo.Light or a custom one).
Is there a way to user the slider and maintain the theme of my app?

]I have a big problem. Everytime I start the app for the first time I get this thing:

And I have to click the icon for it to dissapear. If i wait for about 40 seconds then this shows up:

Im calling Mobilecore.showOfferwall() in onCreate() but this full page ad thing shouldn’t show up. The next time I start the app I get a normal ad.

Seems like mobile core ads is good for game? I see most of the ads are game related. My entertainment app doesn’t seems to convert well…

I’m seeing the same issue that fillevoss mentioned, the first time I start the app there is a noticeable delay and the I get that Top Free apps of the Day which takes up the full screen. The second time I start the app the Offerwall looks as normal.

I’m using the latest SDK but am wondering if there is problem during the first time install?

Yep, banner ads are in the road-map. I’ve just checked the mobilecore.com on Galaxy S3 and it works OK, though we still don’t have a mobile dashboard, if that’s what you refer to

Hi,
The 16K likes on our FB page is indeed a result of the campaign we’re running there. we just crossed the 300 developers.

Regarding our preparedness to the growth - this is an important question.
The mobile market in general fluctuates a lot, and this affects all mobile networks. We work in 2 main levels to keep eCPM & fill rate stable:
1- Correlate our growth in the advertiser base to the growth in the developer base.
2- Improve our ad server’s business-logic

Hi!
Regarding the large icon, it’s simply a result of incorrect sizing. you need to make sure all icons added to your APK are in the correct size. Anyway, in the 0.9.1 we’ll re-size all icons automatically. Thanks.

Regarding the different offer-wall that’s shown on launch - we show this wall when our default app-wall isn’t ready yet. this can be avoided by using our ‘Ready listener’

[i]OfferWall Ready Listener
This feature allows you as the developer to know when mobileCore’s assets have finished downloading. Calling showOfferwall after the resources have finished downloading would display the offerwall in a much snappier and smoother way.

public static void addOfferWallReadyListener(final IOnOfferwallReadyListener listener)

Calls the listener’s onOWFeedFileUpdate method once when the offerwall is ready to be shown.

Parameters
listener – This listener will allow you to put a code for execution when the offerwall is ready to be displayed.[/i]

Regarding the loading time of the interstitial - it’s a result of slow internet connection (I just downloaded your app and it took just 2 seconds to load all offers)

Hope I helped !

You’re right, currently only the white theme is available. We have two more themes (one of them is the holo) that are almost ready, I’ll update you when it’s live.

We actually do have other offers as well, not only games.
In terms of suggesting the right offers to the the specific user - We’re getting there. as I mentioned before, this is one of our 2 main levels of constant improvement

Could you send over a link to your app? I’d like to make sure there’s no implementation problem (you can add me on Skype: liorshkoori)

Thank you so much! And yes my internet connection really sucks, haha! :slight_smile:

Hi there!
Please see my reply to fillevoss :slight_smile:

Hey again.

My app is running with mC for the last couple of days, seems to be working so far (2000 OW impressions only until now). Im a little worried about the CTR of the interstitial, it’s comparable with a banner, totally off from the 9.5% CTR average mentioned on your home page.

Anyway, my question is: how does mC compute the revenue? By exhibition or by install? If it’s by install, we definitely need that number on the dashboard.

Cya