Mobile Advertising to Gain User Base

III
Ive ran app brain campaigns where you pay per install and these worked much better. For about $200 i was able to get about a thousand installs. Much better than the 200 installs for $300 with ad-mob.

Unfortunately I’m not getting enough money from my game to reinvest in advertizing.
Anyway I agree that AppBrain work better because you pay for confirmed installs and not for smoke :slight_smile:

Hi guys,
I updated a bit my screenshots and my icon:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.megasoft78.fifteenpuzzlex

I don’t think I can do it better because I not good with graphic.

I still need to improve the video.

About my campaign here an update:
Clicks : 809, Budget Spent : 56.63$, Conversions (installs) : 14

Using Distimo AppLink I can see different numbers:
586 clicks, Landing to Google Play : 452 (3 tablet)

I have about 130 clicks web landing but not landing to Google Play.

One strange thing is that I can even see 1 click from iPhone :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Gabriele

Hi guys,
yesterday my campaign finish and here the final result:

Impressions : 209,025
Clicks : 1,508
Installs : 24
Spent : 101$ (1$ + 100$ offer)

Based on this information my CRT = 24 / 1,508 = 1.59%

Because I’m using a special url called AppLink using Distimo I can get statistics from there as well:

Clicks : 1,424
Web Landing : 428 (most of them go to browser but doesn’t get redirected to Google Play)
Successfully landing to Google Play : 996 (3 tablets)

Based on this statistic my CTR = 24 / 996 = 2.41%

It’s strange because it seems about 500 users landing to page and not get redirected Google Play.
I can imagine several logical reasons for that:

1. Accidental clicks
  2. Users don’t have Google Play installed
  3. AppLink not working properly but it’s strange it works for 996 users.

I hope these informations give you a better understanding about this campaign.

Cheers,
Gabriele

Reposting here for everyone’s benefiit.

The promo code GMSVINAUG does not seem to be working anymore. Is there an updated code?

Thank you.

“I am interested in reasons why a developer would not want to advertise their app through mobile advertising.”
It seems like you are not reading this thread anymore, but for everyone else benefit, I think the numbers answer that question pretty clearly.

Adding to the above data, here are my results (using a different code (&EM11@*AD, expires 12/12/12) that got me $50 free for $1 that I contributed):
(campaign almost compete)

FYI, as the minimum bid for CPM was $4.00, I chose CPC with a bid of $0.06 (minimum was $0.05, suggested was $0.08).

Budget Spent: $48.72
Views: 89,797
Clicks: 812
CTR: 0.90%
Total Google play Installs: 10

CAVEAT: My Google play Installs everyday this week has been 5, and the campaign is running on the weekend, which usually gives me about double the number of installs as during the weekdays (read: expected 10 installs without any advertising anyways).

In short, it seems that of 812 clicks, only 0-5 resulted in installs, even optimistically.

I don’t think my landing page is bad, but no matter how bad it is, 0-5 downloads from 812 clicks just sounds impossibly low. It’s hard to know if I should believe that even a fraction of the clicks that I was charged for actually delivered people to my landing page.

Ultimately, no matter how you bend the math, there is no way (based on the data from my campaign, at least) that anyone should use Millenial Media to advertise their app, or perhaps any banner advertising network in general.