Massive drop in AdMob revenue over the past few days. Looking for explanation

Clicks and impressions for Google ads may be delayed by up to 48 hours

Just wait some days and stats will be correct

wtf. revenue dropped to less than half with admob.
My analytics shows same traffic.

admob cheating publishers on the name of maintainace.

same with me… :frowning: traffic is normal but revenue drop 50%

I’m still expieriencing this massive drop, did anyone get this issue resolved or understands what’s happening?

Thankfully, it’s back to normal for me. My average Impression RPM is @ 1.32 EUR (used to be 1.40 EUR). It’s been OK for the last 4 days or so.

Are your impression counts / GP rankings as they used to be? Mine did not change (as far as I can tell about the rankings), only the eCPM has fallen drastically.

I’m seeing a HUGE drop in my RPM and also number of clicks (and my total revenue off-course). it’s down 60-70%, and while if it was happening over time, I could explain it with other new Apps taking some of my traffic, it’s happend in one day - doesn’t seem reasonable to me.

in my case, I still have around 40-50% drop in RPM. CTR is almost the same. Happily the impressions are growing, so getting just a bit less than usual

If possible, try contacting AdMob. Since my numbers are back to more or less normal, I won’t be writing them just yet.

This is the same for me. Revenue is 60-70% of normal, number of clicks are down, and RPM is getting killed.

Number of total impressions has not changed though.

Has anyone noticed an increase in ads that require two clicks?

@dsi76: AFAIK, AdMob serves ads that require two clicks for several months now (for almost a year, if I remember correctly).

@bluedot, thanks. I was wondering if the frequency of those types of ads are greater now though.

My revenue seems to be going up a bit today, close to normal. Anyone else?

Back to normal for me, too.

My apps installs are going up so I was wondering why the daily revenue is falling down. Just now I checked the fill rate and its eventually decreasing!! Fness!!
2 days back I read a news that advertisers are spending less money on ads and the Google revenue is dropping fast. My be this is the reason or it may be other. But still we are F
ed up!

same here.
number of doanloads and daily impressions and active users are same. but revenue has gone to below half of the normal daily revenue. eCPM is the culprit for this.

I guess this goes in waves. I had terrible eCPM a few weeks ago (it lasted almost a week), now the eCPM was way above average for the last few days.