Madvertise Fill Rate Plunging?

David, do you use Adwhirl or did you implement the rotating of Madvertise on your own? I’m actually trying to look into doing such a thing right now.

I implemented this using my own code. The whole system really evolved over time, I just kept adding more networks until I had a full-blown client-side mediation system. However, I’m looking at switching to Adexlink when I get a chance - mainly so that I can adjust network weightings online, without having to release a new APK.

Is Adexlink better then AdWhirl? What networks does it support?

AdexLink support these networks out of the box:
[ul]
[li]AdMob
[/li][li]Millennial Media
[/li][li]MdotM
[/li][li]InMobi
[/li][li]KomliMobile
[/li][li]JumpTap
[/li][li]Greystripe
[/li][/ul]
Also, AdexLink will let you integrate with any other ad network by including that network’s SDK and writing a function to link the two together. You can then control the priority / frequency of those custom ads from the web interface too.

It looks very promising, unfortunately the documentation for custom network integration only has an example for Greystripe, so it’s taking me a bit of time to get started with other networks at present. I’ll post some more info when I’ve had a chance to try it out.

Which of these would you recommend? :slight_smile:

After reading this post I want to try Madvertise, but I couldn’t find a working solution for adding it to AdWhirl. So if you succeed with AdexLink, could you please share the code? Thanks! :slight_smile:

madvertise eCPM is for me currently far below the eCPM of admob

I wouldn’t recommend Madvertise at the moment, as they’ve had a very low fill rate so far this year. Millennial Media have been quite good for me, with banner ads. Nothing special though, about the same as AdMob. Haven’t used the others, although I’ve heard good things about Greystripe.

Once I get stuff going with AdexLink, I plan to do a blog post about it, hopefully also a tutorial with some code samples. Will definitely be sharing any insights I can find regarding custom network integration.

That AdexLink sounds promising. I will integrate that and at the same time give millenial media a change. I think it is time to say bye bye to Madvertise.

I just looked thru the currently offered ads in madvertise … it’s not very promising what they offer currently.

ads for single sites, and ringtones … they wont get clicked by my usergroup, so i just cleaned up the approved ads there and turned off auto approval … I hope they will get some more serious banners soon, they have some serios ones but I got no impression from it so far, so lets see :slight_smile:

I like the option to choose the displayed banners yourself - that’s something I miss at admob, because at admob I do not see which category of apps does work well on a specific app so I can choose a more appropriate category …

Hey guys,

i’ve been to Berlin the last days and talked to some people of the madvertise team. The hope there is that the new rich media integration will drive new traffic and hopefully higher eCPMs to their network again. I assume that rich media ads will be more expensive than the normal image ads since they provide much better ways to get in touch with the user… I will probably add the updated SDK to my apps this or next week and publish a migration tutorial on my blog.

Btw: In my country report for February, I have 100% fillrate in Germany, 99.68% in Spain and 99.99% in the UK. However, I didn’t receive any impressions other in countries of which I got impressions before like Switzerland, Netherlands, Italy and so on. And yes, the eCPM is really crappy at the moment (for Germany: € 2.72 in Feb compared to € 9.30 in Dec. In Spain and the UK it still is at € 4.10 +).

Hi all,

I have an app on the market (Words, scrabble/wordfeud helper app) which has been out for a couple of months. Initially, I used admob but reading about the high eCPM people got from Madvertise I decided to give it a try. Currently, Madvertise has gotten ~46000 ad requests and they have only been able to fill 108, giving me a fill rate of 0.23%. I have tried to email support to check if there is something I have done wrong but haven’t gotten any response. Most of my users are in Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Netherlands. Is this an expected fill rate in these countries or is something horribly wrong ?

Regards,
Morten

As far as I can see, the most of their current ads are german.

So as far as I know with madvertise your fillrate is as expected. You can look up the available ads yourself by clicking your app in the overview

Thanks Johannes! Looking forward to that migration guide, and seeing the results from the updated SDK. Rich media ads would definitely be more expensive, hopefully they’d increase user engagement too, with a resulting increase in eCPM.

I am a little afraid of that advertisers could get into the idea of pop-up ads … or the scrolling ones, or ones with sound which we all know from different websites.

This would clearly(!) spoil the fun of a game, so let’s see what their new banners will be allowed to do :slight_smile:

For apps this can be a good thing because it raises the CTR

The new SDK implements the MRAID v. 1.0 spec, so ads will be able to do whatever a HTML 5 website can do, except video-tags (at the moment). Furthermore, they will have the ability to expand and fill up to the whole screen. However, madvertise will make sure that non-fullscreen ads will only expand on click, not on their own.

Hello everyone,

heres the guide: http://droid-blog.net/2012/03/22/the-new-madvertise-sdk-how-to-migrate/

Best regards
Johannes

just for info:

I currently use an admob/madvertise mix in Minesweeper: Unlimited! the madvertise Fillrate is never higher than 3%. Also there are mostly “seek singles” banners available … they are crap (and covers girls in underpants…) for minesweeper so i have disabled them.

Sure this game is (sadly) not performing very good and does only ~1000 imps per day. These are the eCPMs:

admob: 0.30$
madvertise: 0.57$ (calc from eur)

(btw. robo miner does currently get an eCPM of 1.13$ at admob)

where to buy afresh google play account ?