Let's try MoPub

Thanks. David, are you planning to build similar components for Banner Ads?

A newbies Question, Besides the Mopub SDK, do we still have to use/integrate all the network SDKs in your App?

As far as I know, you can use MoPub mediation completely free with no restrictions. You don’t need to use their “MoPub Marketplace” ads if you don’t want to.

Not at this stage. I’ll build banner ad components if/when I include banners in a new app :slight_smile: But it should be pretty trivial to modify some of my interstitial adapters to work with banners, if anyone wants to give it a try.

Yes. I tried to document this in the Readme in Git, but perhaps it’s not entirely clear. You need to integrate the MoPub SDK, then for each network you want to use, you’ll need to complete the following steps:
1.) Download the network’s SDK.
2.) Copy the SDK (Jar or library project) into your project.
3.) Add any manifest entries (and possibly initialisation code) required by this network. This should be documented on the network’s website.
4.) Copy the MoPub adapter from my git repo into your project.

One suggestion on step 2 above

You can copy the ad network jar into the library project of mopub. That way you need not include those jars in every individual app. My 2 cents :wink:

That means we can just create one single MASTER SDK for mopub with various ad network’s JAR file included? That way, we dont need to integrate every network’s SDK into our project. Am i right?

yes that’s correct. All the jars from lib folder of library project are automatically imported to classpath of the importing project.

I have integrated my apps with mopub mediation for banner ads from inmobi and leadbolt yesterday. The banners show normally but the stat from mopub 's dashboard is not updated, now it’s still 0 impression while in Inmobi 's dashboard and Leadbolt 's dashboard I can see the impression increase. Anyone have the same experience? I wonder If I have made some mistakes :confused:

It takes some time for mopub to show the impressions , and check your ecpm and ctr rate… I’ve been using it for a week , and although the impressions are less(i just tested it with few 100 people’s data) i want to know what ctr and ecpm you get… thanks

Ok my dashboard has been updating for the first data after 24 hours. For the yesterday:

• Impressions: 21.56K
  • CTR: 2.74%

Is this in Line with what you were getting previously?

It seem least than usual. But because I just integrated them yesterday so just some user has updated the version with mopub mediation, so I can’t give any judgement now

Good day. Tell me please, if I connect to the example of AdMob to MoPub. I need to be pulling in money separately ADmob? or they will come to mopub? Thank you. By the way, how long MarketPlace will approve ?

The money for admob ads will come from adMob, the money for mopub marketplace will come from mopub.

So, if I got 50$ from AdMob and 50$ from mopub, I won’t get money? becouse mopub to pay minimum 100$? money from different networks cannot be combined?

No, you won’t. Just aim for higher revenue. :slight_smile:

Thanks, I am having simiilar ctrs, what do others get?

I thought that mopub can pay you from different networks. And wanted to use mopub for pay money from Admob) because admob don’t have ability pay to paypal

I’ve found it at mopub help.

How do I get paid from the partners participating in the MoPub Marketplace?

MoPub aggregates all of the payment from the demand partners into a single, simple payment to you, the publisher. After entering your payment method (either bank wire or Paypal), we will pay you monthly on any balance through the Marketplace over $100 USD.

Is it mean that I can get money from other network use only mopub?

That’s MoPub Marketplace, which is a different beast than using the MoPub ad server for mediation.

Hi thank you for sharing the adapters, but i am getting a MoPub error on logcat “Couldn´t locate or instantiate custom event: MobileCoreInterstitial”, i read the mopub custom native networks implementation and added the network on the dashboard with full class name, but i still get this error, any ideas?

Thanks

@Steve, this seems to indicate the class name you’ve entered in MoPub dashboard is not the same class you’ve included in your project. You will need the full package qualifier as well. For example, in MoPub I have the following entry:

Network: MobileCore
Type: Custom Native
Class: com.makingmoneywithandroid.ads.MobileCoreInterstitial

The other possibility I can think of is that maybe the class throws an error when it’s instantiated. Maybe you could try creating a new MobileCoreInterstitial() manually?