Insane revenue/CTR drop AdMob

I integrated Chartboost just a week ago, so the requests are still raising, but here are the numbers for yesterday:

All Installs

Bootups

Uniques

Impressions Delivered

Clicks Delivered

CTR Delivered
12.85%

Installs Delivered

IR Delivered
2.54%

Money Earned
$3.51

eCPM Earned
$3.82

is your app a game?
maybe leadbolt runs well for games, since the banners are mostly advertising for other games from the same category.

for1x:

So basically 918 impressions of the interstitial is giving 118 clicks and CTR of 12.85% and revenue of $3.82 ?

Compare that to the Leadbolt AppWall HTML ads I’m using and there CTR is 2-3% and 10K impressions give revenue of $15 (i.e. 1/2 what you are showing).

That is certain believable - and perhaps happens because of the Chartboost no-commission type of stuff (Chartboost only acting as intermediary ?).

What is the logic behind using two different interstitial formats at once in an app - fill rate low then fall back to other (or can dynamically change the allocations if one network gets slow) ?

I actually don’t use two different interstitails in one app. I’m using leadbolt banner (40-50k impressions)that is always visible at the top of the app and the interstitails(~1000 impressions) from Chartboost which is only displayed when the user is making a special action in the game.
Those are two different incomes which are not interfering each other.

By static banner ad, he’s talking about same banner view across activities. Not a static refresh rate on the banner ad. One reason I can see that it would help is, if your app has lots of activities that users are flipping through fast, sometimes the new banner ad (not static) doesn’t even have time to load before they are on to the next activity. Or if it does load, the total time the ad is display is about 5-10 sec, before they are on a new activity and a new banner ad is loading. So you could have a refresh rate for 60secs but with so many adviews your actual refresh rate across different adViews could be 5-10 seconds. So a static adView across all your activities will give your banners time to load and be shown for the full time you have set in the refresh rate.

So from those stats Chartboost is giving $3.51 from 3 “Installs Delivered” - that is above $1 per install (pretty good). Compare that to $0.18 for AppBrain app installs typically - and for Leadbolt well for Leadbolt we don’t know - because we know “clicks” but not the actual installs - however I HAVE seen the Leadbolt revenue go up in increments of $0.03 - which suggests it could be as low as that (!).

However Leadbolt AppWall eCPM is $0.5 to $1.5 - so Chartboost is giving roughly 2x that.

Do you have any experience with RevMob - seems to be issues with their android version - i.e. seen reports of people criticizing also that it not delivers the high eCPMs promised earlier.

I wonder what alternating Leadbolt and Chartboost would do - i.e. add the extra layer of novelty so user more likely to click (maybe a 25% to 50% improvement in revenue ?). I currently have ability to change a fraction in AppBrain Remote Settings to that will change the likelihood of whether Leadbolt AppWall or Greystripe interstitial (which I was using earlier) gets shown. So if I set it to 50 - then on average 50% of the time will show Leadbolt and 50% Greystripe.

If anyone is interested in the random number generator code for that, I can post.

Can any one take a look at my thread and reply me.
Link,
http://forums.makingmoneywithandroid.com/advertising-networks/2640-please-help-me-my-earning-reports-suggest-me-good-ad-networks.html#post20417

admob also decreased revenue like others :frowning:

Stop opening old threads up that obviously don’t apply to your actual problem.