Inner-active ?

Seems there are 2 issues with inner-active:

1. No way to check if Interstitial ad is available before launching the wall (Checking on Cut the Rope Ads several times the ads are stuck with no ads available)
  2. Money you earn on Jan 1st will be paid on April 8th.

I have tested both Greystripe and Millennial Media ads - and interstitials for both have a fetch() type method available. And then a isAdAvailble() type method to check just before you try to display().

I have incorporated the Greystripe interstitial in my not-released-yet app - and have tested it extensively with their test ads (which are just greystripe large image with a skip button etc.). I don’t know how well the Greystripe interstitials will show (as their real ads are not available where I am testing from).

I have tested the Millenial Media sample app and it’s delivery of video ads (also test ads) and they seem like something I could incorporate - have a fetch(). For Millenial Media it seems for the video ads at least I have seen that the cached ad “lasts” for 30 min to an hour - so you COULD fetch() the ad and deliver it after considerable delay - after that it expires so it will not be “available” . However this is for the test ads - in my query with Millennial Media they confirm that the real ads also have timeouts (understandable).

One further note on the video ads from Millennial Media - for a 15 second test ad - they have a 7 second freeze period where the user CANNOT dismiss the video ad. This means the user HAS to see some portion of the ad. After the 7 seconds a skip or “Continue” button appears which the user can use to skip the video ad.

This type of use is understandable - as a user needs a few seconds to gauge his interest in a video ad.

However a developer needs to know all this information about how long video ads are - how long they are live in the cache etc. - but this information is not readily available. I suppose with ability to test where ads are available this becomes less of an issue as one can see the typical behavior.

Video ads SHOULD be completely downloaded before display as there is absolutely no excuse to have the user wait for the ad (when you are going to space out video type ads in time anyway - so plenty of time to pre-cache a video ad).

I have tested the Cut the Rope app which is using inneractive interstitials it seems - and it definitely is wasting the user’s time - as the ad downloads AT THE TIME of display. I don’t know if this is something the developer has missed, or is because of a lack of fetchAd() and isAdAvailable() functionality.

With video ads (and even others) - a slight delay is going to test the user’s patience. They are already on edge so it makes NO sense to have the user wait - esp. when video ads etc. are going to be spaced out in time anyway - so plenty of time there to cache the ads ahead of time.

So I would say that for video ads - they should be completely cached.

That seems to be the situation for the Millenial Media video ads (at least the test ads) - as pointed above they seem to have a 30 minute to hour life.

However this does NOT solve the problem of showing a video ad immediately at STARTUP (which is the recommended strategy by most advertisers). However to enable efficient user of THIS model, you need to allow video ads that are cached 1-2 days ahead of time (which may limit the type of video ads the advertiser can show). But the user experience will be considerably better when video ads are IMMEDIATELY playing when you launch your app (assuming the user uses it once a day - that will be plenty of time to cache a video ad for display tomorrow etc.).

As it stands, with Greystripe and Millennial Media - I have no illusion that I can show an interstitial ad at startup.

Although I guess some ad folks are thinking that developers can setup some type of load screen so user thinks the game is loading - when in fact it is the ad that is loading.

And then a video ad gets shown.

But it just seems that is a lot of developer credibility on the line - just because the ad networks cannot produce an on-demand video ad type (i.e. for which they will have to convince advertisers to use an ad type that caches the ad ahead of time).

In this sense I can see where the Airpush type notification ad thing - where the ad network bleeds out of the app’s sphere and starts to populate the phone.

Although problematic for the high data video ads may consume - they will not have the nuisance value that notification ads seem to suggest (as they take over the phone).

A pre-cached system - where the video ad caching IS done say daily one ad is downloaded “in case” - would be working outside the app’s sphere - but it’s effect will only be apparent when the app actually runs i.e. instant video ad availability.

Anyway - just some thoughts.

Hi,
Please allow me to answer your questions.

@adforandroidapps
Since ads are sourced from a vast amount of ad providers, some ads pay per install, some pay per click and impression etc. Yes, rich media ads usually pay per impression.

@chrisdaniel0421

1. Networks do not always have interstitials available. Since we do not want you to lose the impression, we will still deliver an ad.
  2. Ad networks take around 60 days to transfer funds while inneractive needs 8 days for processing. This is done accurately and compare quite well to competitors - take mobclix’s net+90 for example.

@adforandroidapps
Your feedbacks regarding ‘fetching’ are much appreciated!!

Just tested Inneractive.

Very slow showing ads. Will not use.

Moving on…

Hi Mapiko,
Sorry to hear that.
Can you share more information?
Perhaps some of the networks are slower to respond and you can always opt-them out or get someone else instead

I have millions of ad requests per day but the results I’m getting is very low.
Depending on the app I see the following results:

CTR: 0.08% - 0.85%
eCPM: $0.01 - $0.08

What are your results guys?

Worse than adMob then. I wouldn’t bother with it. I assume 60s refresh rate?