Huge Drop in Downloads since Friday (02/23)

It might be depending on uninstall rate. I have a drop of installs on 8 February and uninstalls were still high, so I lost my positions in top and therefore I’m having downloads drop now.
BTW, how is it possible to have more uninstalls than installs for a long period of time? Maybe, Google Play has changed its installs counter?
Screen Shot 2018-03-02 at 2.03.15 PM.jpg

My app exceeds two metrics - Crash rate, Multi-crash rate. It is in Entertainment category, had a drop of install on 8 February.

Anyone else seeing downloads getting back to prior Feb 23rd level? Two days ago the download rate for all my apps pretty much restored to what they were before the drop.

I have several games in action and simulation categories and only one has any vital screen parameters exceeding the ‘Bad behavior threshold’.

Yes its back to normal from Mid Wednesday.

google play considers installations only from google play, but uninstall any (ex. app is installed from an unofficial store) my uninstall three years more installs, but the number of active users is increase

Yes, I knew about it, had the same for 2 years. But on 8 February my number of active users has been falling down.

Guys, I’m thinking about re-launching my app. What do you think? Can I change the UI and package name and then just remove my current app from the store and upload the new one? Now I have 100k active users, DAU is 12-15k with ~2k daily installs. Ranking in 8 countries on 200+ position and falling.

Good numbers @kerisar, why not a major update instead?

I’ve already done some good updates, but the number of active users just falling down :frowning: Each day I have minus 1000 of active users instead of plus 1500-2000 that I had before 8 February.

Can you DM your app link?
I’ll say don’t trust all your profits to one single app and find different sources of installs.

Thanks, I already have some more apps but they lost their ratings too. Going to try iOS now.

Hi, developers! :slight_smile:

We’ve prepared a list of European conferences for app developers coming up this spring —> https://apps.epom.com/blog/european-mobile-conferences

Please let me know if you are going to any of those. Let’s schedule a meeting and discuss more opportunities for high-paid and quality monetization.

Cheers!