How to make your APP trend in the Android Market?

I think the analys my IP geographically to give me more appropriate content - my browsers lang is german, so i get the german descriptions (if available) but I also get a lot of spanish apps, so I think the trending list is localized …

need to try over austrian proxy … :slight_smile:

over austrian proxy i get the exactly same result as over spain … so maybe android market splits the results only for different continents (as they do in the developer console for downloads)

that’s quite interesting because the most downloads of robo miner occurs in europe currently …

Hey guys!
I’m new here, this is a great forum! :slight_smile:

I recently published my first game Doptrix
It performs quite well, but not well enough. It is currently on 158th place in “Brain&Puzzle”. But seems like users don’t browse that far and without any marketing I don’t get new downloads.
I am looking for ways to get my game into some Top list where it will be noticed…
Do you have any tips? :slight_smile:

I have one idea but I’m not sure about it.
Looks like “Top Casual Games” category is less challenging than “Top Brain&Puzzle”. I mean it seems easier to get there (maybe I’m wrong).
What if I change category of my game to “Casual”? Can it get my app to Top100 or higher?

And just out of curiosity - how can really bad games like this one be in Top30 and have 100k+ downloads?

My app fell down from 158 to 303 place in just 2 days :frowning:
Id didn’t lose any rating or active installs, just not many people were downloading it.
So it seems that you have to maintain high number of every day downloads to remain in top places…

Robo Miner is a very well downloaded game and it is still on 158th place of top casual free in europe (cannot see other tops) … so no category is an easy player :slight_smile:

Whatever you try: There are several hundred other developers which may do the same :slight_smile:

It’s always going to be difficult to achieve predictable success in a real-time market like this. Because there are so many other developers and apps out there, no matter what you do there will always be variables. Even if your app gets 50,000 downloads in a day, that won’t put you in the top charts if 100 other apps got the same boost :slight_smile: So in the end it’s all relative.

That’s true indeed. Robo Miner is loosing places again … so let’s see what time brings

Most important: Have fun developing your Apps! :stuck_out_tongue:

It just seems that the placement in the top lists lags several days behind … if I am right, than robo miner will gain some places up again … let’s see :slight_smile:

I really like developing - I can do it nearly whole the day :slight_smile: The only Exception currently is Tablet Tower Defense … because it is pirated so heavily I have no fun on it currently …

Were you right?

yes :slight_smile:

Hi there, the fastest way to get 50000 downloads is getting from thrid parties, which provide downloads, like our company, asotop1.
Our reviewers are real and scattered all over the world.
And we can guarantee that your app is absolutely 100% installed by real app users.