How to force breakthrough

For some reason my app caught attention and started getting more users, today I got 40 new ones (all organic, still no money invested in marketing). Brings my total ad impressions (for both apps) to 250 total, and with a RPM of €1, I made my first €0,25 estimated revenue. I wondered if this is high or low, and how I can improve. I’m showing both banner and interstitual ads, but I only got 1 click. With this rate, I should get €1 for 1000 impressions, which is quite a lot. I will need my usercount of 50 to stay like that for quite some while to get more bucks. And in the end, It will take a lot of time to pay my dev fee and Andromo subscription off (my goal). Because it cost me around €100 total, which is 100,000 impressions. So, what tips can you give me to improve the ratings?

The easiest way to make money off apps right now is to make them for someone else :wink: gold rush has passed

Cheers!

Besides posting on facebook and twitter there isn’t much you can do free. I suggest to make more apps , just look at whats trending and follow that.

You may want to use a free engine if you dont have any money at first like Unity3d, I think Corona also has a free version.

Why did you go for such an expensive appmaker if you didnt know how the app revenue works ? Also you could have published your game on SlideME its free.

You’ve been 4 years late in the gold rush. As @toxic said above, be a freelancer and do jobs for people like you still clinging to the “gold rush” attitude. Or make ebooks and sell source codes.

Well, technically, people still download more and more apps right? So the chances of earning some with it shouldn’t be smaller. I used this app service because it lets me produce without coding / programming. I can release an unlimited amount of apps this year, all built on the same (stable) framework. I really did some digging what the best service was, but almost everyone says Andromo offers best value for money. So thats why.

Still, i have another question about the revenue calculation AdMob makes. As I stated, a few days back I got 25 cents from 170 impressions and 1 click. That was by far the best today, but impression wise, today wasnt bad either at 130. I got 5 clicks though, so I guessed It would make me at least another 25 cents. But I only got 5! 0.05 euro, while my impressions are almost the same and I got 5 times the clicks! There really seems to be some queer algorithm behind this, anyone care to explain?