How much dollars per download do you earn with mobile ads?

Thank you for sharing your statistics.

I don’t even reach 0.01$ per download (yes it is correct…i calculated 0.0096$ per download…) with any of my apps using admob interstitial and banners (out of around 50-60k downloads summing all up)…i only show interstitial ads between stages (some of them also have a banner).

I said average, not decent-good. Lots of apps don’t even reach 1 cent per download. :o

See this way: You’re making much more than me :eek:

Can you elaborate? Where am I being optimistic?

That is not what I think is nuts… THIS IS: he is assuming a $3 eCPM at a 30 second ad rotation !

When you said

I understood you’re considering that ads are being paid by impressions instead of by either clicks or installs and AFAIK CPM ads are much less used than the other types.

That’s why I said you’re being optimistic.

Did I misunderstood you?

Regards.

No you didn’t. I assumed that CPM ads are the most common. Even that link you posted in the opening post of this thread is based on that assumption, isn’t it?

Doesn’t eCPM of 3$ mean 3$ per thousand impressions (and not clicks or installs) ?

You’re making a confusion between eCPM and CPM.

Let me say some ad.provider will pay you $12/1000 clicks and that your app displayed 30,0000 ads.

Also, suppose that 500 users clicked on them.

So you have that

• CPM: $12/ 1000
  • revenue (value you earned because you got 500 clicks): $6
  • eCPM: $0.20 / 1000 ( $6 / 30,000 *1,000)

Hmm, I’m confused.
All the definitions of CPM and eCPM I read online pertain to impression (not clicks).
On the other hand, CPC means cost per click.

I don’t really understand the difference between CPM and eCPM. All I can gather is that eCPM is the cost “averaged” over all the impressions considered.
Eitherways, when someone says eCPM is 3$, it means I get paid 3$ for 1000 impressions (not clicks). Right?

Am I missing something?
From your calculations, it seems like eCPM means to “cost per impressions” and CPM means “cost per clicks”. That doesn’t seem quite right. Can you please correct me where I’m wrong?

CPM is the cost per mile (for advertiser) and RPM is revenue per mile (for publisher). In the end it’s the same value seen by different rules.

AFAIK eCPM is an estimation of how much you will make for each thousand impressions. Just that. It’s not a promise of revenue.

In other words, it doesn’t means you will make twice money when you double the number of impressions. If it were true every developer would show.as.much ads as possible for each game session. They would make a lot of money and advertisers would lost a lot of money.

eCPM is a way to tell developers how much they can expect to earn from an advertisement provider so they can decide which ad provider they will pick was as which kind of ad (banners, videos, and so on).

Many factors influence in eCPM: how many impressions you show, type of advertisement (CPC/CPI/CPM), click rate and from which country the clicks come from ( not all clicks born equal. A click from USA users worth much more money than a click from Brazil (my country).

Soppose you are running a CPI campaign that pays $20/install is users are from USA and $0.10/install for Brazilians.

If you got 10 installs from USA you earned $200. If you got extra 300 installs from Brazil you earned $30

Your total revenue is $230.

If you had 200,000 impressions you can say your eCPM is $230 your eCPM is $1.15. If for the same CLI is you had have 100,000 impressions your eCPM would be $2.30.

Formally I should say eRPM instead of eCPM because you’re the publisher, not the advertiser.

Bear in mind that ad providers always will tell you the CPM/CPI/whatever for users from USA (in order to impress you) so, unless 100% of your users are from USA you pretty much can expect lower values.

Mee too Guess the Article is wrong